May 05, 2024, 04:01:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help/advice needed to finish trike.  (Read 2745 times)
shep

« on: October 14, 2005, 08:52:32 PM »

One of our club members has had an XJ550 trike built, but sadly the builder died before finishing it.
Since then a couple of well meaning mates have made a bit of a hash of trying to complete it.
It is all together, starts, runs etc, but the wiring is a nightmare. There's also some question of whether the rear suspension needs to be altered, then the whole thing needs MSVA etc.
None of us do electickery well and havn't the experience to finish the rest.

The owner is willing to pay the going rate to get it all done and on the road, but we don't want her (yes her) to get ripped off.

Does anyone have any suggestions, recommendations as to who we could contact.
The trike is in South Oxfordshire, fairly local would be good, but we'd go farther afield if necessary.

Thanks for reading this. Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 09:27:59 PM »

Hi Shep,
As told in the forum, my good lady Rainbow has just acquired a tatty GS850 trike that'll need MSVAing. We've managed to side-step all that malarkey so far by using Reliants, which are already registered as tricycles. Can't get away with that any more though so it's MSVA time here too. I've been chatting to forum member Critch for the last few days. Members of his club, the Fenrir Brotherhood, (I think!), have experience of the procedures so I'm waiting for more info from him. Try PMing him direct. One of my mates down here in Hampshire will hopefully be pressed into service to wire our various trikes when we're ready. Reg is a computer software writing, electro/mechanical engineer/fitter type clever bod who knows how to use multi meters & other impressive stuff. He's also in the forum so try PMing him too, ("RegL"), or email him at regl@globalnet.co.uk
As for suspension, not had much experience as all our trikes are hardtails! Those I've talked to who run the bouncy bits tend to think a rigid backend would handle better anyway. I'm not qualified, (I'm a Postie, not an engineer or welder!), but if it's just a spot of welding you're after, you're welcome to bring it down here to Basingstoke.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: