May 16, 2024, 12:38:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Surrey Harley Boot sale 1st April '12  (Read 1578 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: January 18, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »

Not just Harleys, or boots.
Over the last couple of years this has become a big event, attracting all sorts of bikes, from classics to customs to racers, but obviously with the emphasis on custom machines. It used to be organised by the local Harley dealership, who's shop was next door. That's now been demolished though, so the event's been taken on by Beaky's Motorcycles.
It centres around a bike autojumble held in a public carpark in Dorking high street, which is closed to the public for the day -the carpark, not the high street. The surrounding pavements soon fill with parked bikes though & just sitting outside watching riders parading up & down the high street is as interesting as perusing the jumble.
Entry for punters is about 2 quid if I remember right. Burger stalls on site, but there's a very good Wimpy Bar 100 yards away, plus several pubs serving food within walking distance too. The famous Boxhill bike meet is about 2 miles away, which attracts 100s of sports bike riders every Sunday morning.
Well worth a visit. Look out for the giant stainless steel chicken on the roundabout at the end of the road -no, I'm not joking.  Smiley

Pippbrook Car Park
Reigate Road
Dorking
Surrey
RH4 1SJ

Beaky's Motorcycles

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:35:41 AM »

I'd been searching the web to to try and find out when this year's event was on with no luck..... now I know!  Wink  Wink

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:37:51 AM »

See you there then Tony.
It's not actually a chicken, it's a 10 foot tall giant cock, photographed here by Mr Percy.
Dorking cockerels are a well known local breed apparently.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:49:00 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:55:43 AM »

so ther,s a bl##dy big C#CK, in dorking  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Tony oily bike

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 07:27:26 AM »

so ther,s a bl##dy big C#CK, in dorking  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We're used to having big c**ks darn sarf, its just that we don't like to brag about it !!! Cheesy (yeah right!!)

Here's a link to Beakys
http://beakysmotorcycles.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=83

Side trackin' -
Allegedly, as part of a propaganda effort in the 1939/1945 conflict, one side 'accidentally' dropped condoms for its own troops in enemy territory, so what you may ask, well they were about 2 or 3 time bigger than normal, the idea being to give the impression that opposition were up against some very manly soldiers!!  Grin

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
spanners

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 09:31:51 AM »

Side trackin' -
Allegedly, as part of a propaganda effort in the 1939/1945 conflict, one side 'accidentally' dropped condoms for its own troops in enemy territory, so what you may ask, well they were about 2 or 3 time bigger than normal, the idea being to give the impression that opposition were up against some very manly soldiers!!  Grin
[/quote]

i.v heard that before and also that they had ,made in great britian,,  stamped on them  Wink Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Chevy Rick

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 08:03:26 PM »

Couple of old timers Knuckle and Panhead seen at Beaky's bike jumble.

http://i.imgur.com/z8OxI.jpg
The Surrey Harley Boot sale 1st April '12
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:03:51 PM by Chevy Rick » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: