May 17, 2024, 10:28:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1565011 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9180 on: January 08, 2017, 07:48:00 PM »

Tongue
Raining here this morning, so I spent a while reorganising all the bits & pieces stacked on the garage floor into some waterproof, (condensation proof), plastic storage boxes, (7 quid each in a local supermarket). They stack on top of each other, but I can guarantee everything I want will be in the bottom one.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9181 on: January 08, 2017, 07:57:31 PM »

If it's raining it must be warmer than the last few days. Warm enough to spray a couple of coats of yellow filler/primer on the cab? Not really, but I did it anyway. I thought I'd finally got the body more or less straight, but the first coat of colour showed it's nowhere near -not nearly as smooth as it appears here.
No, actually that's not true. It's O.K & I can live with it -it's a truck after all & will be as much of a daily driver as I can make it, so a little wobble here & there isn't the end of the World, (yeah, I've had enough of playing with it). I'll give it a day or 2 to harden up before trying to flat it back. The garage has a slightly yellow tinge to it now.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9182 on: January 08, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »

Lots of runs in the filler/primer, especially on the flat vertical panel under the window, but I resisted the urge to touch 'em till it's dried.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9183 on: January 14, 2017, 07:06:35 PM »

Nothing new to report, but gave the cab roof another couple of coats of filler/primer & started tidying up the corners below the swage line.
Also bought a roll of chicken wire from Ebay so started stapling it to the roof battens to contain the insulation. Doesn't really need it, but I'd bought it so might as well put it up. If the insulation gets damp it might droop a bit so that'll hold it in place. Not an easy thing to wrestle with on your own. Garage is nice & dry now.

Today's gratuitous Pop shots.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9184 on: January 14, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »

the coppersmith

« Reply #9185 on: January 14, 2017, 08:33:24 PM »

I think I like that colour  Wink
merv

« Reply #9186 on: January 14, 2017, 08:53:53 PM »

will we be seeing this and the bike at Basingstoke this year?

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #9187 on: January 14, 2017, 11:32:27 PM »

Y'know, if it were mine, which it aint before you put me in my place, and it was here in my workshop, I would be inclined to put the heaters on, and blow on a couple of coats of Tractol, tractor enamel, which covers a multitude of sins, or deficiencies!! but looks fine, really,well I have used it on my 3 wheeler and bike frames and tanks!etc. then nail on the outstanding essentials and....drive it Mr M. You can give due consideration to "what's next?" whilst enjoying your nice new engine and other bits......gowan Grin Grin.....Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #9188 on: January 14, 2017, 11:43:06 PM »

The pic attached gives you an idea of what Tractol enamel looks like, and whilst not a show stopper its ok, and I'm sure one of your MMM associates could quickly blow on a couple of coats to your cab, down there, really. Just a thought..... Huh

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9189 on: January 15, 2017, 10:30:24 AM »

Grin Thanks Dave, but I've got far enough with the aerosols now that I'll carry on with them I think. Really don't want to pull this apart again for quite a while, so I'd rather get as good as I can with the proper colour. So when are we gonna see that trike of yours on the road?!
Yes Merv, if you lot want a pitch there again this year, (we struggled to fill it last year), they'll be there. The entry form's just arrived in the post -I'll start a thread in the Events section for it.
Steve, I've looked at that colour a few times myself & thought Hmm....! Renault did a deep golden yellow a couple of years ago on one of their sporty hatchbacks which I really liked. I'm aiming for a vintage commercial vehicle look, but if I was going all out hotrod I might go for that.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:35:36 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #9190 on: January 15, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »

There you go mate, I understand the sentiments, and sympathise Cheesy. My 3 wheeler, well, hopefully, when things warm up a little, as its all set to go, but with no hood, or provision for such an item, or heater, or any other civilised appliances!...well you get my drift I'm sure, but, some day soon, always provided events don't get in the way, you know how it is....... Morrag

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9191 on: January 18, 2017, 08:45:25 PM »

Smiley
No Pop progress for a couple of days, but finished chicken-wiring the roof this afternoon. Lots of cursing as I wired the overlapping sections together using strips cut from offcuts of the wire -like trying to tie knots in barbed wire. Lots of pricked fingers, but done now.
Everything seems to be staying dry, except for the last 2" across the top of the door, where the insulation was wet. I think that's just because it's laying against the concrete lintel above the door & we've had several nights of minus temperatures, or it may just be rain blowing in around the door, but I'm not going to worry about it too much. Airflow around the door should dry that out.
Back to the bodywork tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:54:01 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

dobber

« Reply #9192 on: January 18, 2017, 11:20:31 PM »

admire your stamina to keep going sir, well done.

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9193 on: January 19, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »

Gotta be done if I'm going to drive it in the Spring. Just finished work & it's a lovely day -I'd much rather be going out somewhere for the afternoon, but too much still to do.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9194 on: January 19, 2017, 07:57:45 PM »

Finally switched from 180 grit to 400 grit on the roof this evening -that must be progress mustn't it? Still a couple of wobbles, but I think there always will be. I'm happy with it anyway.
Still some work to do around the bottom corners & sills, but moving on, slowly.

Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: