May 12, 2024, 03:04:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: XS650 chop  (Read 9845 times)
texon

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »

Whoever modified the frame did a real neat job  Cool
pie

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »

ok Smiley is it the xs modified? or a custom type?

Modified, then we've added the mudguard and various other brackets and mounts.
hornet6

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »

looks great in those colours.ive seen a hayabusa done in those colours and it looked crap,but thats my own oppinion cuz basically i prefer naked bikes and customs. that really looks the biz cant wait to see the end result.Are u keeping the wheels the same or changing them

no projects ever finished
pie

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 06:58:04 PM »

Thanks for the comments everyone, most appreciated.
Hornet6, the wheels are staying as we've spent time polishing the rims and repainting the rest and we're really trying to do the whole job with what we originally had to keep the cost down.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 10:15:12 PM »

It's good to recycle & adapt the original parts where possible I think. Keeps a link with the old bike -circle of life & all that.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
texon

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 11:07:27 PM »

I like the original wheels they sute it  Smiley
pie

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 06:34:50 PM »

A few more pics of the progress, bit of painting, wiring and annoying little jobs to do and it's done.
I do have an exhaust type question that I would appreciate opinions on though. We want to run it with just the downpipes on and no silencers, the pipes as they are finish just short of the rear of the engine and the idea is to put baffles in to give it back pressure and quieten it down a bit. The question is, do you think the engine will set up and run ok? is there any reason that you can think of why we shouldn't run it like that? Any thoughts?
pie

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 06:37:11 PM »

more
pie

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »

more
Firery Fred

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 06:47:01 PM »

Run it like that,it looks awesome, I used to have a little hardtail chop with the 840 Halco engine, loved it

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 08:36:45 PM »

"is there any reason that you can think of why we shouldn't run it like that?"

Cos the neighbours might come round & clout you with a lump of 2 by 4 for waking 'em up every morning with yer unsilenced bike? Mind you, looking at the size of the back garden you've photographed it in, maybe they won't hear it.  Cheesy
I used to run tapered "Shotgun" silencers, (cheap Harley Sportster copies), on my XS650 chop & it was still bloomin' loud.
Looks fabulous mate. I'm so glad the billet barge look seems to be giving way to back-to-basics, hotrod/bobber/flat tracker/board racer styled bikes. Probably cos no-one can afford the billet anymore.
Something very British looking about that, even with the motor from the Land of the rising mushroom cloud.
Purely personally, if it were mine, the only changes I'd make would be a set of similar Shotgun pipes, which would finish somewhere near the end of the little black teardrop toolbox, if only to keep the local boys in blue & the MOT man a litle happier & to keep the paintwork that lovely baby blue rather than sooty black. I'd also have fitted a Sportster tank, but that's just me -sorry, I just like 'em, (yes, my new trike has got one), & a slightly curvier Paughco style solo saddle, (yes, my trike's got one of those too).
Tis a lovely lookin' little machine though Pie. I hope you'll grace our Motors section with a write-up before PantherShaun poaches you for Brit Chopper?!  Wink
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 09:07:02 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

pie

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »

Thanks Manky.
I've only got one neighbour and they're quite biker friendly so that should be ok.
I rather like the look of sporster tanks as well and it was an option at the start but decided on the mustang type shape that sits right down on the frame but, you'll be pleased to hear, it is a Paughco although the seat isn't, that's a one off Pie (well two off, as I have the same on the trike).
Thanks for the 'British look' comment, that was the aim.
I'll put some words and pics together as soon as it's finished.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 09:08:19 PM »

High tunnel Sporster would sit low ...O.K, I give up, Mustang tank it is then.  Grin

texon

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 12:41:33 AM »

that looks cool  Cool as you like just ENJOY  Grin
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 03:31:48 PM »

i think your chop looks firkin briliant pie . the over all look is what i would have liked to end up with myself but we cant always get what we want . is the bar ends got flat lense indicators in them ? .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: