May 19, 2024, 11:03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: supercharger carb calculating?  (Read 1532 times)
SUMO

« on: December 09, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »

seeing as we have a few drag racing fellas in here thought one of them might know the answer to this, see, im sticking a supercharger onto the twin panther build. eaton m45. single carb on it with supercharger feeding both motors but driven off the front. ive pretty much sorted in my head routing etc

i need to calculate what carb to buy - gut feeling says best part of 2" but need a bit more than gut feeling before i spend my hard earned sheckles.

specs to do sums from -

total engine displacement 1300cc or 79.3ci

reving max around 6000rpm

and lets say 10lb boost for the sake of argument [most likely running a little less but its a good starting point]

need anything else?

toad

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 01:59:17 PM »

if i was gonna build that i,d go with a 2" su say from a jag plenty about cheap and also having the advantage of an adjustable needle on a safety note i,d only run 6psi of boost unless your going to modify the compression ratio and dont forget to build a burst panel into the manifold in case of a backfire  Wink i,ll have a dig through my bits and bobs and find you the calculations for the drive pulley size

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
SUMO

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 05:03:12 PM »

pulley calculations size would be good

found how to calculate it online

http://www.ehow.com/how_2189802_choose-carburetor-maximize-supercharger-performance.html

2" is what i need and i was going su coz i know them fairly well and can tune them. infact already got my beady eye on a couple on egay

i am messing with compression etc so can decide what i want to run.

doesnt seem to have a burst panel? having a blow of valve if that does the same job?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: