May 18, 2024, 03:47:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1565609 times)
kapri

« Reply #7440 on: June 28, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »

You just pull a sample out and add the dye Terry and it tells you if you have co2 mixing with the water .I'd just use piece of clear tubing and suck a sample out :)You can also use a  system pressure tester seperately though I've never used one myself. I'll tell you a little story about them though. We used to do all the rads for Hampshire Police and we went through a time of big BMWs coming back repeatedly with the seams blown.

These were PTR , plastic tank rads were the tanks are held on with crimps. Took awhile to figure out what was happening but they only ever leaked when after service time. Turned out someone was using a pressure tester at max pressure and it caused the plastic tanks to swell , no fault found as the pressure sealed the tank still. Soon as the pressure was released the tank returned to normal shape but the clamps didn't Wink First time out and warmed up = major leak, kept telling us our rads were rubbish !
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:53:44 PM by kapri » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7441 on: June 29, 2014, 10:38:07 PM »

Nice to see Mr Flap at the workshop this afternoon, on his Honda Hornet. Anyone know how Gazzagood's getting on with the Flapster trike?
Also had a visit from Mr Olds on his own trike, looking splendid as always.
So, after some discussion, I've decided to try adding a bottle of KSeal to the coolant tomorrow, (couldn't buy any locally today). I'm told it's the best coolant leak fix on the market. I'll also order a pair of head gaskets cos if they don't get used now, they will next Winter when the engine gets treated to a rebuild. Where's the best place to buy good quality SD1 head gaskets?
Meanwhile, I cut the rubber floor mats. I bought a heavy duty stable mat from Scats country store. Cost about 40 quid for a 5 foot square of 17mm thick black rubber. It's got water drainage grooves on the top face & large dimples on the bottom, (haven't we all duckie), to keep it off the stable floor. After I'd cut what I needed, there was enough left for Olds to line the bed of his pick-up trike, so I swapped it for his wiring expertise on my speedo at some point. I've got enough left to make the small triangular sections at the back of the footwells.
The mats are heavy enough to lay flat without gluing down, but also slot around the seat bases, so can't creep forward. I was originally going to carpet the floors, but decided rubber would be more fitting for an industrial/agricultural truck. I cut them with an angle grinder. Got a very funny look from the Indian guy in the local petrol station on my way home -I didn't realise my face was jet black!
After painting the sill panels, I now have to alter them again. They need to be another half an inch taller to hide the edge of the rubber.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7442 on: June 29, 2014, 10:41:31 PM »

Baychimp

« Reply #7443 on: June 29, 2014, 10:53:51 PM »

Its going to be as quiet as a Roller with that lot in it. Smiley
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7444 on: June 29, 2014, 11:03:55 PM »

It's starting to look so posh inside the cab that soon I shall be forced to agree with you about painting the outside!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7445 on: June 29, 2014, 11:25:55 PM »

Smiley It's slowly coming together -just need to fix the engine now so I can actually drive the thing!

MIXA

« Reply #7446 on: June 30, 2014, 12:05:03 AM »

Looking very nice , definatly going to need paint

the coppersmith

« Reply #7447 on: June 30, 2014, 06:35:22 AM »

Ref:SD1 head gaskets, I got my last set from Rimmers, a bit dearer then Ebay but good quality stuff that has lasted. Ref: the sills, how about a right angle, tread type thing, stainless piece that tops the mats and fixes to the sills? Could get it lazered with "mankys pop" Huh
Olds

« Reply #7448 on: June 30, 2014, 07:21:15 AM »

The stable matting is perfect for the pop and matches the interior a treat Andy (getting rather smart in there). This stuff is seriously heavy (I've used it before in Land Rovers) and at 20 kg (44 lbs) a square meter, you wouldn't want to use it in a race car. But it will last forever and really damps road noise from the floors.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
kapri

« Reply #7449 on: June 30, 2014, 08:27:10 AM »

Get Felpro gaskets, they use a composite instead of the steel 'shim' type of the original .

http://www.v8engines.com/engine-6c.htm

Seems OEM also do composite now, took them long enough!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:29:08 AM by kapri » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7450 on: June 30, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »

No Mr Loon at the workshop today as he had other stuff to do, but I've got a bottle of K Seal to try as a stop-gap measure & will get the head gaskets ordered.
I'm trying not to make the interior too flashy -no, honestly- & in keeping with the vintage truck look. So no laser cut stainless panels I'm afraid. Instead of trying to extend the sill panels I've already made, it's probably easier to just bend up another pair.
The next deadline will be the Dragstalgia meet at Santa Pod in 2 weeks time.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:47:45 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #7451 on: June 30, 2014, 08:45:15 PM »

interior looks truck-like. well done

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7452 on: June 30, 2014, 08:55:05 PM »

Thank you. How's yours coming on?

scannerzer

« Reply #7453 on: June 30, 2014, 09:29:59 PM »

flooring look perfect suits it down to a tee
kapri

« Reply #7454 on: June 30, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »

No Mr Loon at the workshop today as he had other stuff to do, but I've got a bottle of K Seal to try as a stop-gap measure & will get the head gaskets ordered.
I'm trying not to make the interior too flashy -no, honestly- & in keeping with the vintage truck look. So no laser cut stainless panels I'm afraid. Instead of trying to extend the sill panels I've already made, it's probably easier to just bend up another pair.
The next deadline will be the Dragstalgia meet at Santa Pod in 2 weeks time.

Bit of right angled ali from B&Q self tapped to floor Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: