May 02, 2024, 01:24:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Llangollen Motor Museum  (Read 6849 times)
yx600

« on: June 17, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »

If you find yourself in North Wales, there's a museum on the A542 out of Llangollen towards the Horseshoe Pass.

This is a privately run affair, and looks like it works pretty much hand to mouth, but even though its a small place I spent an absolute age in there - (early March, bloody freezing in there too!)

A lot of the bikes and cars there are used on the road, I presume the owners allow their bike to be kept as exhibits when not in use.

Also they sell a good few original period spares, and not at silly prices

And if its a cold day, take a jumper  Tongue

http://www.llangollenmotormuseum.co.uk/

The Artful Bodger
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »

look like a good place for a wander Smiley

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »

Looks interesting Chris. If you could write us a little more we'll add it to the "Places to Visit" section of the main site. Always looking for suggestions for places to ride to guys. Doesn't necessarily have to be auto related, just somewhere you know that's worth a visit if you're looking for an excuse to go for a blat somewhere.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
texon

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:55:09 AM »

thats the sort of place you want to start rooting round in for the really odd bits
shabby

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »

all it needs is a bed in the corner and i would be sorted lol   Grin Cheesy Grin

TIDY
yx600

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 08:54:08 PM »

Looks interesting Chris. If you could write us a little more we'll add it to the "Places to Visit" section of the main site. Always looking for suggestions for places to ride to guys. Doesn't necessarily have to be auto related, just somewhere you know that's worth a visit if you're looking for an excuse to go for a blat somewhere.

Willdo MM  Grin

The Artful Bodger
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »

huh, been to llangollen a few times but never got around to the museum, although we did manage a ride on the horsedrawn barge and also went over the ponticyliat (not sure of spelling) aquaduct thingy in a barge. its a long way down  Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
kustom
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 02:28:09 AM »

i use to live 7 miles away from there for 20 years and didnt even know it was there
yx600

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 08:12:29 PM »

huh, been to llangollen a few times but never got around to the museum, although we did manage a ride on the horsedrawn barge and also went over the ponticyliat (not sure of spelling) aquaduct thingy in a barge. its a long way down  Smiley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontcysyllte_Aqueduct

I struggle crossing and have to look where my feet are going - and hold on too  Embarrassed

The Artful Bodger
tazet
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 08:34:53 PM »

Sod that for a game of soldiers. You wouldn't get me on that,  Sad
comanche

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »

i live about 6 miles away and regularly.if ur ever this way drop in for t and cake

love hurts especially when your old enough to know you shouldnt fall
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 09:55:30 PM »

If anyone fancies jotting down a quick essay on this, or any other place of interest -somewhere that would make a good destination for anyone looking for an excuse for a ride out, send it in with a few pics & we'll add it to the main website.

Favourite places to visit

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
panthershaun

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »

thats my dream shed, look at all those projects Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: