May 15, 2024, 08:27:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: L Plates  (Read 5523 times)
nabsim

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »

Lol, I still have my nana little red book license, can't say I remember seeing a green one.

Problem with the changes is for those riding on provisional licenses only. Anyone riding one not on provisional will still be licensed.

Amazing how much gibberish government departments can come up with innit Smiley

Cabman77

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »

I think it's because I started on bikes and didn't bother with cars until after I lost my leg that I class trikes more like bikes than cars Bobbi. It's only my personal view and if I hadn't had bikes I may think differently. I have always thought anyone wanting to drive a car should do 6 months on a bike before they get a license. Good job I aren't in power eh Smiley

I`ve always said this. There have been many heated arguments with people that say bikes are death traps over this very point. I look at it this way, London Black cab drivers have to do the "knowledge" on little peds or step throughs. This normally takes about a year of riding all over the city in all weathers, and despite their total arrogance on the road they are recognised the world over as the epitomy of professional driving. You also don`t see too many of them have accidents either. In all the years I`ve lived and driven around London I can only recall seeing a black cab involved in an accident once and that was the fault of a despatch rider carving him up and then losing it right in front of the cab.

And before anyone says it I am not biased towards Cab drivers  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 03:21:35 PM »

Erm............I think you are Cab.!! Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink, gord save us from so called"professional" drivers,as all too often it seems to give them 'carte blanche' to the realms of road arrogance, at least in my experience! But hey, there's good, bad,and indifferent out there as people are people, after all, but try explaining to a pure 4 Wheel person what it's all about on 2 wheels, when coupled to an icy/snowy road!!   Grin Grin....Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Cabman77

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »

I did point out their total arrogance Morag Grin Grin Grin Grin

Trouble is when a cab driver gets pulled over by plod for something silly (like we all do from time to time) they get the " we expect better from professional drivers............ blah blah blah" lecture. As far as I`m concerned if you drive for a living then you`re a "professional" driver, whether you`re good at it or not, arrogant or not or whatever.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: