May 10, 2024, 01:05:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Worse for wear  (Read 2929 times)
voodoo

« on: September 23, 2009, 03:14:44 PM »

Was having a great day pottering around my little workshop getting all those silly jobs out of the way on the bikes....I then lean over to pick up a bolt I just dropped...next thing I am laying on the floor with a nice cut on my head....my leg gave out just as I bent over and I manged to fall head first onto the handle of the wheel barrow I am useing as an engine stand for the GS1 engine atm....lucky for me I only caught it a glancing blow, as the hand grip had snapped off a while back and now its just a jagged bit of pipe...I did the normal thing and kicked it a few times,then as I was not doing any damage to it only to my foot I took the Angle Grinder to it....it is now minus the handles lol.....given up for the day now and off for a nice soak in the bath....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »

you go steady in that shed, sure you hadnt been drinking or something Wink Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Stephen Mac

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 07:21:24 PM »

take it easy  Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:07:24 AM »

It's daft accidents like that that seem to cause the most damage. A few years back I was using an angle grinder when the fuse blew in the plug. I pulled the plug out of the socket, changed the fuse & plugged it back in again -completely forgetting that I hadn't switched the grinder off. It immediately leapt into life, jumped off the bench & fell to the floor, slicing the side off my boot on the way. I was very lucky to get away with nothing more than a bruised ankle.
More recently, I was sorting letters at work, (yup, I'm a Postie), dropped one on the floor, bent down to retrieve it & head-butted the bench in front of me. Stunned myself so hard it took several seconds to realise what had happened. Ouch.
Be careful out there folks.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »

bent down to retrieve it & head-butted the bench in front of me. Stunned myself so hard it took several seconds to realise what had happened. Ouch.

sorry, but i realy did lol !!!!    still could be worse, i cracked meself on head with a mallet!!!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »

Tongue  PD smacked himself in the face with a mallet while trying to loosen a part on a car. If evolution worked quicker, we'd be extinct by now.

SUMO

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 02:18:34 PM »

my dad dropped a scafolding pole on my head, my brother threw a boomerang at my head [well to be fair it was on its return trip when it hit me], ive hit myself in the head with a mallet [well the head came off the mallet when i swung it back], punched myself in the face when undoing a tight bolt under a bike - it unsiezed and my face was in the way of the arc of the spanner, and apparently i was dropped on my head when i was little, never did me any harm  Grin

poprodder

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 02:45:02 PM »

i should'nt be here realy,  born at 6 months, dropped down stairs at 6 months(fractured skull Shocked  )

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 04:46:24 PM »

Fighting back against evolution, that's us Monkeys.  Tongue

Plasticpig

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 07:40:39 PM »

More recently, I was sorting letters at work, (yup, I'm a Postie), dropped one on the floor, bent down to retrieve it & head-butted the bench in front of me. Stunned myself so hard it took several seconds to realise what had happened. Ouch.

I can see them walking round you as you laid on the floor for two hours.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »

The Post Office would deduct 2 hours pay too.

Plasticpig

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 06:52:41 PM »

Bit off topic, but years ago my ex wifes uncle was put in a nursing home after her auntie could not look after him any more. Bit sad, but for years he had run her ragged as he was not as ill as he made out, and she wore herself out while he sat and moaned about her.
 He tried the same thing while in the home, but they soon sussed him out, and in the end he resorted to sulking in his bed when they wanted him to get up, ignoring them.
 One day one of the nurses went to get him up, and he told her to p*ss off. She went away for something, and came back to find him laid on the floor by his bed, stone dead.
 I can imagine the nurse standing there prodding him with her toe, saying, 'Come on Mr Morgan, we're not putting up with this any more'.

Made me laugh when I heard about it, but then I'm strange like that.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 11:10:30 PM »

Tongue

renegade53

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 05:32:57 AM »

it would on made me have a little laugh as well P

Plasticpig

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 10:33:01 AM »

Glad I'm not the only one.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: