May 14, 2024, 05:22:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Cuddles Trike Re Furb  (Read 14357 times)
terry t

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »

Oh and do you know where I can get a trike towing device like that?
Hi bikergran. you what to try to get one with a ramp if you can. have a look at these ebay or trike doctor. voodoo and trikerpete. were selling theres dont know if they still have them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170584499030&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150578365037&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
http://www.trikedoctor.co.uk/shopc801787093
andbolt0

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »

before purchasing one of these style towing devices check out the  licence requirements,  as these  become double articulated   when the trike turns  and it pivots on the tow ball  sure this means a class1 licence is reqd  just a thought as they are quite expensive
zakboy

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 06:43:30 PM »

remember you are also not allowed to tow a vehicle that is unlicensed with a towing device of this kind,i did ask the question about how i was allowed to transport my trike to its dvla insection when i visited my local office recently they advised me that because dvla was requesting me to take it to there office for inspection,they would not take any action on a unlicensed vehicle what ever method i used to get it there and would not refuse to carry out the inspection, but if stoped on my journey to or from the office by the police they may take action if they wished,i believe that vosa will refused to carry out a msva test on a vehicle thats is taken to there test center if the vehicle is unlicensed and any of the wheels are on the ground, so it  has to be on a trailer, can not confirm this vosa rule as i read this on another forum but dont forget a vehicle can be impounded for not being licenced if on the public highway, be it being driven, towed or just parked
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:41:32 AM by zakboy » Logged

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
Cabman77

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 06:52:22 PM »

remember you are also not allowed to tow a vehicle that is unlicensed with a towing device of this kind
Don`t quite understand that one. You can tow ANY vehicle taxed or not mot`d or not insured or not and if you are towing it with a rope or rigid towbar then the person steering it doesn`t even need to have a licence.
No extra class needed on licence to be able to tow these, if you were concerned you only have to starp the frame to the dolly and you eliminate the second swivel point.

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Cabman77

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 06:55:54 PM »

Oh and do you know where I can get a trike towing device like that?
a friend of mine was making these a while ago and selling them for £250. He did sell a few, but only a few, and they do come with a short ramp as well. Although they seem pricey you have to remember that the suspension units (and you really do need them, we did try without !!!!!!!!!) don`t come cheap, I think , not certain though, that the wheels and suspension cost about £180.

Cabman77

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »

is this your good ladys trike cabman

Can`t remember th last time she was good Zakboy but yes it is  Grin Grin Grin Grin

When it`s back here at the weekend I`ll run round it taking some pics so you can see what I`ve been avoiding doing for all this time lol
yes will look forward to the pics cabman,and now you have committed your self to starting what you have been avoiding all this time, will be watching and folowing with intrest how the trike develops over the coming weeks. Grin Grin Wink

WTF have I started for myself now HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?? Grin Grin Grin Grin

tbone

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »

Look out! here comes the spanner....With regards to insurance, MOT and tax all are needed if any part of the vehicle touches the road. If the vehicle is on it's way to a pre-arranged MOT testing station or bringing it away from one, then there is an exemption for tax and MOT but not insurance. If the car to be towed does not have any of these all four wheels must be off the road. The person steering the towed vehicle must hold a valid licence and insurance as they are techichally in control of a vehicle on the highway.  Smiley

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Cabman77

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 08:30:24 PM »

sorry T Bone I have actually retrieved cars from Police stations and towed them away with an unlicenced driver in the towed car and with no tax mot or insurance on it. All with the ok of the police involved. Have also seen many salvage yard lorries towing a wrecker behind them on many occasions.

tbone

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »

I see a number of illegal things on an almost daily basis, just because its illegal, doesn`t stop it happening  Wink

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
terry t

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 07:18:59 PM »

WTF have I started for myself now ??    any photos yet Cabman
Cabman77

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 07:28:26 PM »

I was going to put up a pic of the empty space in the back where it should be standing at the moment!!!!!!! can never get hold of someone when you want them and couldn`t pick it up on sunday Huh Huh Huh Huh

Cabman77

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 06:57:13 PM »

Her Baby`s home at last.

zakboy

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »

when you making a start,tomorrow Grin Grin Grin

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
Cabman77

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 07:09:21 PM »

At least I know I can get a trike on my bike trailer...............just!!!!!!!!!!

Cabman77

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »

If I get home from work early enough then I`ll start tomorrow........honest

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: