May 14, 2024, 03:57:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: master cylinder  (Read 14446 times)
peanut

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 10:35:04 PM »

Aaahh, the old sliding cylinder ploy!
That makes sense now.
The actual piston should be on the top and pushing inthe direction of travel to avail yourself of the famed 'self-servo' effect.
The only cylinders on sls brakes I have seen have two pistons opposing each other and none of that sliding nonsense.

I'm beginning to think that Mr 'Disconly' Monkey has a point
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »

Ooh! Ooh! I said they might be upside down. I did. Honest.  Smiley
Really pleased you've finally got it sorted mate. It was starting to drive us all nuts!
Yeah, we have bashed drive shafts out with the back edge of an axe, but suprisingly, that's not the method Reliant recommend.
If the drive shafts are still in the axle, you can put a bar, (crowbar or big screwdriver), across the wheel studs on the hub of the other shaft to lock it so you can undo it. We usually unbolt the back plate from the axle, then drift the shaft out by wedging a block of wood against the back of the hub & giving it a sharp crack wiv a 'ammer. Then you can clamp the shaft in a vice to undo the nut.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
toad

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2008, 08:35:01 AM »

right then how i remove shafts i made a slide hammer large flat plate of 5mm plate drilled to the wheel pattern then a length of 12mm studding bolted through the center then find a large weight that will slide over the studding fit a large washer and a couple of lock nuts once the bach plates unbolted just start sliding the weight as hard as you can it,ll pull the shaft out complete with the bearings with no damage and then just swap shafts around easy job. Grin as for the hub on the end thats another easy task when you know how Wink

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Donut

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2008, 09:32:13 AM »

Mr Monkey you are correct in that you did mention the axle being upside down and that was what I mentioned to the guy I spoke to yesterday which led to the great discovery of I know nothing about drum brakes - every day is a school day and I am too young as all my cars have had rear discs ( my excuse and I am sticking to it)
Just goes to show if you buy something someone else has built dont assume it has been done correctly!!!!!

No need for appologies BikerGran as long as this has helped you out

Again big thanks to everyone who contributed
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2008, 08:50:29 PM »

Ha! I win! I claim my prize of a pack of Jaffa Cakes. Cheesy

bitzman5

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2008, 02:25:25 AM »

HI IM NEW TO THIS SITE IM BUILDING A HONDA 600 REVERE TRIKE BUT IV BUILT A FEW KITCARS THE LAST 1 BEING AN NCF BLITZ WHICH WAS MINI ENGINE IN REAR WHAT YOU DO FOR BRAKES IS TAKE THE FRONT WHEEL BACK PLATE OFF PUT IN BIN GET THE REAR BACK PLATE OPEN THE CENTRE HOLE TO FIT OVER AXEL STUB RE DRILL THE 4 MOUNTING STUD HOLES THERE YOU GO HANDBRAKE AND EVERTHING GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE ALSO IF SOMEONE IS BUILDING A MINI TRIKE WHEN YOU PUT THE GEAR LINKAGE TOGETHER IF YOU TAKE BOTTOM PLATE OF SELECTER BOX (GEAR LEVER BOX)YOU TURN IT 180 DEGREES ALL GEARS ARE IN THE RIGHT SELECTION YOU ONLY LOSE THE REVERSING LIGHT SWITCH

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2008, 05:01:24 AM »

Hello Bitsa & welcome to the site.
That's useful info. Thank you. Let's have a look at yer trike then!  Grin

tazet
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2008, 07:02:46 AM »

Hello and welcome Bitz  Grin, (PS in forum language, capitalised words are like you are shouting them  Grin ),  Grin
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2008, 08:39:24 AM »

WELCOME Grin

More metal than skin
bitzman5

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2008, 02:41:42 PM »

Hi guys thanks for the welcolme just starting on axel conversion to disc had a good read through forum last night(3 hours)lots of usefull info will send pics when i start to build. My other ride is a zx10  1988 with 25.000 on clock 2 owners myself the second id like to trike this but chain drive. This is my first trike so bear with me please

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2008, 03:53:47 PM »

As we've said before, none of us are experts here, but everyone knows a little bit, so plenty of useful info available. All you got to do is ask.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: