May 17, 2024, 12:29:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564783 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4290 on: February 01, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »

Yeah, thanks BB. Erm, haven't you got the valve Terry?
So it hangs behind the axle then?
Concentrating on connecting the silencers up to start with, then will add tail pipes.

Made a box today to hold the washer bottle. Obviously the bulkhead needs to be waterproof, so the brass tank can't just sit in a hole in the panel or the weather will get into the cab, so it'll sit in this recess.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:58:09 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Bus Boy

« Reply #4291 on: February 02, 2012, 01:55:41 AM »

Glad to help........hope it all works out now!!!!

I never wanted to be normal anyways!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4292 on: February 02, 2012, 06:54:15 PM »

Hopefully the chaps are coming back at the weekend to sort it. Terry has the load compensator valve, so when he brings it back, I'll make up the necessary bracketry.
A short day at the workshop today so Mr Lunatic fully welded the recess for the washer bottle in the bulkhead & I cleaned it back flush with a softpad on the angle grinder. Just needs some fill-in pieces in the corners now. We also welded & cleaned up a few brackets under the dashboard that were only tacked in place.
Merv, the lettering on the tailgate's made up from old fashioned aluminium numberplate letters. One of the jumble stalls at the Dorset steam fair a couple of years ago had a big cardboard box of them for 10p each. I bought these 5 thinking I could hang them on my shed wall. Never did, but remembered them when we got to the tailgate. The raised bead around them was rolled into the steel sheet before we welded it to the 'gate by a local car restoration guy for a tenner.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:06:48 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4293 on: February 02, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »

Picked this sun visor up on Ebay the other day. The ad said it was from a 1930s Austin, but it's perspex, so not sure. Red tinted. 17 quid.
Can't fit a solid visor cos there's not much screen to start with, so thought a tinted transparent one would do the trick -& I just kinda like it.
The perspex is pretty scratched up -anyone got access to a fresh piece? Or course that'd make it a 17 quid bracket.  Smiley 
Had a couple more parcels in the post today- some brake pipe clips, a couple of lengths of heat proof sleeving & the exhaust bends.

poprodder

« Reply #4294 on: February 02, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »

compound and polish it.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4295 on: February 04, 2012, 09:47:27 PM »

Damn it was cold at the workshop today! With no heating & the big roller shutter door facing into the wind, it was actually colder inside than out.
So I really appreciated Mr Terry T driving up from the coast to spend the morning putting the dashboard & fuse panel back in, as well as tidying up various other wiring related bits n bobs. By mid afternoon the cold was getting to him though & he had to call it a day. Thanks for your time Tel.  Wink
Meanwhile I made a start on connecting the second set of silencers up to the exhaust system. I bought a couple of pre formed 90 degree mild steel bends from Custom Chrome & spent the day cutting n shutting them to fit. Some tight bends but it should work. Mr Loony tack welded them together so I could unbolt the assembled pipes from the rest of the system. A few hours of grinding & filing & they should look O.K 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:50:33 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4296 on: February 04, 2012, 09:59:52 PM »

I bought 4 bends -gonna use the other 2 as tailpipes, turning back & out under the tailgate. They're just wedged in place here, but will be narrower when fitted, tucked under the sides of the bed.
Looks ridiculously complicated, but that's why I like it!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4297 on: February 04, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »

It began snowing as Loony & I left the 'shop this evening. I won't be there tomorrow, but hopefully it won't stop me travelling back each day next week as I've got a week off work.

poprodder

« Reply #4298 on: February 04, 2012, 10:18:04 PM »

liking the pipes andy.
i've been in the warm all day even though lots to do on minx.
had some terrible news yesterday which i still cannot believe.
put me off doing anything.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4299 on: February 04, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »

I've got a deadline to meet, otherwise Id've been hybernating for the day too Chris.
Take it easy mate.

dobber

« Reply #4300 on: February 05, 2012, 01:58:38 AM »

them pipes look good me thinks,,,,,,,

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
poprodder

« Reply #4301 on: February 05, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »

I've got a deadline to meet, otherwise Id've been hybernating for the day too Chris.
Take it easy mate.

a very good friend of over 20yrs was found drowned friday morning. finding it hard to believe.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4302 on: February 05, 2012, 08:23:11 PM »

Jeez, I'm sorry Chris.

poprodder

« Reply #4303 on: February 05, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »

sorry andy for hijacking your build thread.

ps. thanks bobbi Wink

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4304 on: February 06, 2012, 11:37:02 PM »

A wet, cold, foggy day at Loony Towers today.
Mr Kapri braved the chilly Winter weather to travel up from the South coast & spent the day laying on a freezing concrete floor under the truck, re-plumbing the brakes. In between working on the exhaust silencers I was spanner holder & parts fetcher. By the end of the day the brakes were 90% done. Just need to hook up the master cylinder, tighten all the joints & fill the system up. Just hope they work now! I've got every confidence in Kev's abilities.
Like many here, Kev has more than his fair share of ailments & I know crawling around under the Pop was a struggle, so a big thank you for your help mate.  Kiss Hope you got home before the pain really kicked in.
Again, not much to photograph, but we're getting there.

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: