May 17, 2024, 01:02:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 246338 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2008, 10:23:54 PM »

Sorry Shriva -keep forgetting we're a Global site now!
A "quid" is one English pound, which at current rates is worth 1.7921 U.S. dollars.
Yup, a grand is 1,000 pounds, same as over there.
"Quid" is possibly derived from the Quidhampton paper mill, which printed banknotes.
Now if we really wanted to confuse you, we could tell you that 25 quid is known as a "Pony" & 500 quid is a "Monkey"!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Chevy Rick

« Reply #316 on: September 14, 2008, 10:26:26 PM »

Hi Shriva, yep your bang on with the price of shipping a motor across the pond, a pal of mine has just shipped a year old Shelby Mustang over roll on roll off 750 pounds to Southampton docks, no damage apart from the key fob with Shelby was nicked, this guy brings quite a few motors over. If we buy dollars months in advance exchange rate can be over 2 u.s $ to our pound.
Shriva

« Reply #317 on: September 14, 2008, 10:35:20 PM »

ok, some stuff over there is expensive compared to over here.. but, then others are cheaper..

American cars i can see being more expensive over there.. older muscle cars even more so..

You could get a charger over here alot cheaper (still have to look around to get a good deal even over here though)

And i know a lady over there that is waiting till she visits the U.S in a few months to buy a higher end camera lens, its like half the price here then she can get it over there.
tazet
« Reply #318 on: October 21, 2008, 07:48:08 AM »

I got some new shiny bits for my Charger yesterday all the way from America from a company called Jacks Auto Parts. They have been great to deal with throughout and the items were very well wrapped up. It was like Christmas opening the boxes that were as tall as me when stood on end.  Grin Just got to get the thing straight so the bits can go on it. NB the box was empty when I sat on it.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:15:34 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2008, 07:49:22 AM »

tazet
« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2008, 07:50:22 AM »

tazet
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2008, 07:56:56 AM »

Also got a tiny little problem. Yesterday was my first day back at work after two weeks holiday. Within an hour of getting in I saw one of the estate's overhead power cables on the ground. I asked what had happened -apparently last Wednesday a cattle lorry pulled it down. In a panic I grabbed the electrician that's currently working on my boss's house and got him to test it. Yup it was live. I was furious to say the least. It had been like that since Wednesday and no-one had got it checked out. God knows how no-one got killed as it was a main line. He very quickly isolated the cable and made it safe. The only casualty are the ramps that the Charger is currently sat on. It powers them, so unless we can find something else it affects then I doubt my boss will fix it. Anyone know where the manual override is on the 2 post lifts so I can get the car off it?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:09:43 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #322 on: October 26, 2008, 11:55:26 PM »

I had another delivery today. Jules who owns the Yellow Charger that visited a while ago sold a hood/bonnet to me. It used to belong to Dave2lanes and I paid Jules what he paid Dave and he very kindly brought it over to me today. The scoop and hole were put there by Dave cos when he fitted his 440 engine in his Black Charger the bonnet didn't close very well as the the carb and air filter were too tall. So he made the bonnet fit. Later on he got a fibre glass bonnet to replace it then the change of owners began. The bonnet that came with my Charger is not in the best condition and Dave/Julian's one is much more solid apart from a big hole in the middle. We might just take the scoop off of it and just have everything popping out the top or we might repair it with a section cut from my old bonnet, which is O.K in the middle but rusty around the edges. We'll decide on that at a later date. For now it's something solid to work with.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:56:11 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged
texon

« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2008, 01:41:54 AM »

Taz just seen you on the tell BBC1 Prescott,the class system and me  you was in the carrage with the horses YOUR FAMOUS
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #324 on: November 22, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

Hello stranger  Wink
Have they repeated it again or was it on IPlayer? It was on t'telly a month or so ago, then repeated the next night. Yup, there'll be no stopping her now. I reckon Taz would make a great "Top Gear" presenter. If Vickie Butler Henderson can do it, I'm sure she could.
As well as managing the ponies all day while they filmed the carriage driving bit, Taz also scrubbed up & changed clothes to serve tea. Apparently Prescott didn't realise it was the same girl!  Smiley

tazet
« Reply #325 on: November 22, 2008, 09:16:48 PM »

Grin Yup twas me  Grin
tazet
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »

Right, not posted on this for a while as nothing has happened. Today I had a delivery from America and in the enormous 7ft x 3ft boxes were new rear quarter panels. We now have most of the parts needed to completely re-build the body on this thing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:45:02 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #327 on: December 02, 2008, 09:07:43 PM »

InsolentMinx

A blur of chrome...

« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2009, 12:35:08 PM »

i've done a quick catch-up on this thread.

I love the 69 Charger, so i'm extremely jealous!! ... slightly less jealous of all the work that's going in to it though Cheesy

Did you get much done over the festive season?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »

Absolutely nuffink.
We've had the Dodge for 8 months now. The actual car hasn't changed at all in that time. We've ordered & received all the new body panels we need from the States & sourced a few mint condition second hand ones over here. We're all set to rebuild the thing, but still can't find anyone willing to take on the job of straightening the twisted chassis leg. I don't think it's actually that bad a job, it's just time consuming & complicated, which seems to be putting off most garages from getting involved. They can make more money from straightening half a dozen bent delivery vans in the time it'd take to sort the Charger out.
So we're still on the quest for someone who can do the deed without charging us 6 times what we paid for the car. Still got a couple of names to try. Occasional forum visitor "Goforest" works for a restoration company. He reckons they'd charge a fortune but that if he had the time to spare he could probably do it without the aid of a jig. Loony's due to pay us a visit at the end of the week as he still hasn't seen the Charger or Taz's trike. He seems convinced it's not the huge job some others think it is. Who knows, maybe we'll end up doing it ourselves.   

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: