May 22, 2024, 12:32:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1568089 times)
kapri

« Reply #5595 on: February 12, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »

The door will drop more when you add glass and winders as well > I'll show you an old coachbuilders trick tomorrow to get them to line back up.
Bringing Billy as well so we are a self contained unit Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5596 on: February 12, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »

Great. We should be there around 9.30 -I'd better buy some biccies on the way then!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5597 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29:18 PM »

Didn't leave the 'shop till gone 8 this evening, after a very welcome visit from Misters Kapri & Billy, up from the South Coast, & my brother Brock, over from Wiltshire. Great to see you all guys. Brock brought donuts, which I assumed were my birthday present, so I ate most of them. Except the custard ones. I hate custard -bleurgh.
Where was I? Oh yeah, as usual, things didn't go quite according to plan & most of the morning was taken up with an iffy inhibitor switch, (an electrical safety switch fitted to the gearbox). I freely admit I'm no electrician, (& not much of a mechanic), so all I could do was potter on with bits of bodywork while Kev & Steve grappled with the problem. As far as I could make out, the original switch wasn't working, so they replaced it with one from Loony's spare gearbox. Then that one broke, (a terminal snapped off), but the original one started working again. It works, I'm leaving it alone.
Then Steve had to strip & rebuild the Holley carb after it sucked up a load of muck from the fuel tank. The truck's been sat for around 10 months without being run at all, plus we had to remove the fuel filter to fit the heatproof fuel pipe sleeving required for the SVA test, so it's probably our own fault -O.K, my fault, but I'm slightly concerned it may be tank sealant breaking away from the inside of the fuel tank & clogging the pipes.
With the engine finally cranking over & a good fuel supply, it burst into life & settled down to a steady tick-over suprisingly well. Hurrah!
Kev checked the brakes, which also haven't been touched since the SVA test & pronounced them sound, then went through the forms I need to present to the DVLA. Thanks Kev.
With that, he & his sidekick Billy set off through the snow for home, leaving Steve & I to re-fit the interior panels, putting in the floors, footwells, seatbelts & dashboard sections, before handing over to Loony & Chris, who bolted in the transmission tunnel pieces, column switches & steering wheel.
A quick check of the switchgear showed everything working, except a dodgy fog light switch, (it works if you wiggle it -seem to remember Terry saying that when he wired it up), & one blown headlight bulb.
Steve tells me we can pass an MOT without the screen, wipers & washers. I'm not 100% convinced, so will try to get them fitted if I can. So all that's left before the MOT now is to put the seats in, get the driver's door latching & tidy up the sharp bodywork edges on the drivers side.
As always, a million thanks to everyone for their help today. Wouldn't be this far without you.  Kiss 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:08:29 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

spanners

« Reply #5598 on: February 13, 2013, 11:32:18 PM »

mot friday then  Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5599 on: February 13, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »

Yeah, easy!

spanners

« Reply #5600 on: February 13, 2013, 11:44:54 PM »

no problem  then you can tax it from the 1st march,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5601 on: February 13, 2013, 11:56:19 PM »

MOT test, then insurance, then paperwork check at the DVLA.

poprodder

« Reply #5602 on: February 14, 2013, 12:02:21 AM »

why am i getting excited!!!! good luck andy, you'll be on road soon.

spanners

« Reply #5603 on: February 14, 2013, 12:12:15 AM »

well the,JUNKYARD FROG, is going to beat ,EMILY, to the road, Shocked Shocked

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5604 on: February 14, 2013, 12:12:52 AM »

Cheesy Fingers crossed. The final, final deadline for the paperwork to be completed is the first week in April. So it's gonna be tight.
I don't care if it breaks down every time we go out in it for a while, it'll be fantastic just to take this pressure off.

spanners

« Reply #5605 on: February 14, 2013, 12:18:27 AM »

well ,EMILY, is on the back burner as me and her have had a row,,,,

kapri

« Reply #5606 on: February 14, 2013, 05:54:37 PM »

Hope you've had a good day again today. Good luck for tomorrow. Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5607 on: February 14, 2013, 11:47:35 PM »

A reasonably productive day Kev.
We got the drivers door shutting & latching, though forgot to make a small modification to the original Pop door latch, so can only open it from inside. Easy enough to fix, but not today. Fortunately there's no side window glass, so no problem to use the interior handle.
Didn't manage to make up the sill panel, but got some of the sharp edges tidied up around the door opening & gaffer taped the one we didn't have time to weld. Fitted the drivers seat, though the cover that goes over the brake master cylinder fouls on the seat runner mechanism, so we left it off.
Couldn't fit the passenger seat cos the wiring loom's been added since I made it & the seat frame sits right where the loom runs. Again. I can fix it, but not in the time we had today.
Replaced the blown headlight bulb & the fog light switch seems to be working, but now the horn's packed up, as well as the fog light itself, (the warning light comes on on the dashboard though). Bloomin' annoying cos the horn was working fine earlier in the day. I may have pulled a wire somewhere while trying to fit the passenger seat. I'm wondering if Terry wired them on the same fuse. A couple of the fuses looked a bit suspect, so I've picked up extras from the local petrol station this evening.
The engine fired up & ran straight away, but very lumpy -though as Kev's pointed out to me, we didn't use the choke & it was a chilly evening. 
Didn't get the windscreen in, so hoping the MOT guy's happy without it. But everything else kinda works, sort of like it should.
MOT 11am tomorrow!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5608 on: February 14, 2013, 11:55:20 PM »

Oh yeah, I insured it today as well.
For those that like to know these things, it's an Equity Red Star policy, through Adrian Flux ltd.
12 months fully comprehensive cover, initally on the chassis VIN number cos we haven't got a registration plate yet, limited to 5,000 miles a year, but including 60 days of foreign travel cover, windscreen & ignition key replacement cover, £275 excess
£266.03
that's cheaper than my Ford Fiesta commuter car. So I added their breakdown/recovery cover as well for an extra 36 quid.

Have you made any modifications to the vehicle Sir?
Well technically, no, cos I'm the manufacturer, so it's all standard fitting on a MankyMobile.
Huh?
-yes, lots.

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #5609 on: February 15, 2013, 02:22:07 AM »

if you do modify it, would they be "factory options"?

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: