May 21, 2024, 10:02:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: ,,EMILY,,  (Read 166421 times)
rob62

« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »

chill out mike, dvla are just pen pushiers thats sole purpose is to p**s people off. dont let the b**tards grind you down
scannerzer

« Reply #286 on: April 16, 2013, 07:55:36 PM »

chill out mike, dvla are just pen pushiers thats sole purpose is to p**s people off. dont let the b**tards grind you down

don't give them your energy Mike it's not worth it
kapri

« Reply #287 on: April 16, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »

Nope, you don't need a letter to prove the date. They already have it on the logbook, it's simply that the vehicle hasn't been on the road since Historic was brought in. All I've ever done with change from PLG to Historic is take it to the local office when you tax it and they change the class and send it off. We've even had several who have paid for PLG and then DVLA have changed the class and automatically refunded the money.

The only catch is the LOs start to close from October this year and will be all gone by end of December, then things may change.

Is it down as pick up on the V5C yet ?
spanners

« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2013, 08:28:02 PM »

bit tittesed of at present but progress is continuing,, but a little slowly ,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Olds

« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:15 AM »

The only catch is the LOs start to close from October this year and will be all gone by end of December, then things may change.
I spoke to DVLA Swansea and my local office last week and at that point they still had no idea as to who was going to take over the role of the LOs
Officially it's being taken over by "partners," like the PO do tax discs. Who these partners are no one seems to have a clue. or at least aren't saying.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
spanners

« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2013, 07:41:33 AM »

I spoke to DVLA Swansea and my local office last week and at that point they still had no idea as to who was going to take over the role of the LOs
Officially it's being taken over by "partners," like the PO do tax discs. Who these partners are no one seems to have a clue. or at least aren't saying.
well heard from a good source that dvla are planning to take the tax disc side of things of the post office, Shocked Shocked
as for the local licencing office,s some of there dutie,s are being taken over by VOSA i heard that from a VOSA inspector / station mamager ,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
spanners

« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2013, 07:43:50 AM »

i, kicked ,EMILY,, outa bed at 5.30 am this morning she,s a lazzy mare  Wink Wink trying to fix her grill suround , just came in to brew up again  Shocked 5th mug of tea today  Shocked

spanners

« Reply #292 on: April 19, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »

the DVLA, saga,, continues,, Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
post man pat, delivered a letter from ,DVLA, to me just,

its the old v5,(the one DVLA SAID THEY HADN,T HAD  Roll Eyes )
with a letter say i,v got to apply for a tax disc in writing or at a local office as the taxation class needs changing ,and also to re-apply for a new ,correct, v5c after i have taxed it quoting the serial number of the new tax disc.
they also say that amongst the documents to take with me to tax it  ,,an mot,, its pre 1960 so it dosn,t need an mot,
F###IN ,DVLA, PEN PUSHERS,, : Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

I,M OF UP TO THE LOCAL OFFICE AT ,BEVERLEY, NEXT WEEK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

terry t

« Reply #293 on: April 19, 2013, 12:01:22 PM »

with a letter say i,v got to apply for a tax disc in writing or at a local office as the taxation class needs changing ,and also to re-apply for a new ,correct, v5c after i have taxed it quoting the serial number of the new tax disc.
they also say that amongst the documents to take with me to tax it  ,,an mot,, its pre 1960 so it dosn,t need an mot,
F###IN ,DVLA, PEN PUSHERS,, : Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

I,M OF UP TO THE LOCAL OFFICE AT ,BEVERLEY, NEXT WEEK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hi Mike EMILYS looking nice. just one thing for all hotrod builders. how can this or any car. be classed as historicand be tax and mot exempt. if its been altered.  if i want to alter a car to a trike i will have to get it inspected. or if i go the reliant rout the its called a ringer as i have altered it. so can any one tell us whats what it seem you can do what you like with a hotrod. but trikes need inspecting
spanners

« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2013, 12:16:52 PM »

Hi Mike EMILYS looking nice. just one thing for all hotrod builders. how can this or any car. be classed as historicand be tax and mot exempt. if its been altered.  if i want to alter a car to a trike i will have to get it inspected. or if i go the reliant rout the its called a ringer as i have altered it. so can any one tell us whats what it seem you can do what you like with a hotrod. but trikes need inspecting
terry , the whole system is nuts ,,i,v cut up and scrapped two trikes as they were wrongly registered death traps,, i even had a letter from DVLA about one of them, as some one tried to use the reg,number after i had cut it up..thats along story but he got prosicueted.
i just want to make the best of whats allowed,
but it dosnt help when certain people ,rattle,, DVLA,s cage  Lips Sealed not going to say who on an open forum, but it also relates to the ,karma, thing a few weeks back,, and a trike v5,not,,

terry t

« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2013, 02:24:26 PM »

i know what you mean about the system Mike. i had enough trouble registering my trike and that was only a bolt on conversion i wont be building another. just sort and play with the goldwing. still you get EMILY on the road and enjoy it take care
tbone

« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »

[/quote]

The simple truth is....it`s not a 1936 Austin Ten anymore...it`s been altered and should undergo an inspection.
Andy made his hotrod based partially on the Ford, Emily is based on the Austin she is not as she left the factory.
Yes the `system` can be hard work but it`s there for a reason and while we may not all agree on it, we should all abide by it.
Yes I know you don`t wanna hear it Mike, but that`s how it is.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
spanners

« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2013, 09:00:30 PM »

acording to what i can find out
,EMILY, had an offical inspection in 2001 for some reason ,, and she also had change,s noted ? but which or what change,s they were i,m unshure ,, but i do know that things like engine number and cc are correct with DVLA.

as far as the pick-up conversion, it was done well over twenty years ago ,,may even have been first done in the early 1940,s    ,war effort,, ?

kapri

« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »

well heard from a good source that dvla are planning to take the tax disc side of things of the post office, Shocked Shocked
as for the local licencing office,s some of there dutie,s are being taken over by VOSA i heard that from a VOSA inspector / station mamager ,

Nope, DVLA have just renewed their contract with the Post Office for another 5 years but they are talking about doing away with physical tax discs ENTIRELY as they no longer serve any real purpose now everything is computerised. Just been a DVLA Consulation document about it all.

I've spoken with DVLA recently and there is no official confirmation of who is doing what when DVLA LOs close. However from info gleaned from various sources  it is mainly an internal matter of payment that seems to be the stumbling block. Most likley outcome will be VOSA will take on essential high security issues but much of the onus will be put on the owner paying for for official confirmations from Owners clubs on the authorised V765 list.

To answer others questions it is legal to modify ( CURRENTLY but may change in May) a Historic vehicle by changing components within the DVLA 8 points system. Once outside that it should go through BIVA. Vehicle modified prior to 1998 follow an entirely different set of rules ,as do vehicles prior to 1981 with yet another set of different rules.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:10:44 PM by kapri » Logged
spanners

« Reply #299 on: April 20, 2013, 08:22:51 PM »

well alot of thinkin going on and a bit of tidying up on ,EMILY, got to make her look nice incase some one wants a project,

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: