May 21, 2024, 03:31:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: ,,EMILY,,  (Read 166407 times)
The North

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »

Leave the hole, as such  its the cars charecter.
spanners

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »

been well, busy sorting out major problems,, but engine seems good  alot of lost time has gone into making ,leccy, wata swatta fit,, and she now holds watta,, fuel is now plumbed,, and temp loom/test loom is almost good enough so if i plumb the brakes,,fit a gear shifte and throttle etc ,etc, we maybe to have a ,,,around the grass,, test run this weekend  Wink Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
merv

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2012, 09:41:27 AM »

good work spanners

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
spanners

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »

bit more done ,,more problems found  Roll Eyes

fitted B&M shifter to the bracket that came with the car   the b#stard rattle,s youre knuckles on the dashboard when it selects ,park,, and the trans tunnel ,flexes,,

made up new battery and starter leads ,,but had to go and buy new batt terminals as i couldnt find the ones i had,
had to make cable clips outa some copper as no one had anything suitable in stock  Roll Eyes

throttle pedal aint gonna fit where or how it should  Roll Eyes

brake pedal to servo ,pushrod, flexes, so will have to be re-designed  Roll Eyes

oh, well just a bit more to add to the growing list

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
one arm bandit

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2012, 11:01:08 PM »

its got the right mon on the job now.. shes a nice looking motor mike are you keeping it how it is looks wise like the colour too suits her well Wink
spanners

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »

its got the right mon on the job now.. shes a nice looking motor mike are you keeping it how it is looks wise like the colour too suits her well Wink
nearly everyone whos seen her in the flesh asks what colour am i going to paint her  Roll Eyes
three people think she,s in primer, its actually top coat thats been flatted back .. i think i,ll stick with the colour and add some black detailing . a bit along the lines of the original car ..

spanners

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2012, 09:50:13 PM »

put just over 12hrs into her today ,,had her running and warmed through  Smiley carbs allover the place but can be sorted  Wink
as for braking system  Shocked i wish people that dont understand em wouldnt play with em ,,fancy fitting new cylinders and shoes to rusty siezed backplates and adjusters  Roll Eyes(the outside has been ,blasted, and panted but the internals was grotty ,, the brake servo was wrong fitted and didnt even line up with the brake push rod and i fond five of the brake pipe ends had the wrong flare .. so i,ve re-done the lot just the rear axle pipes to do in the morning when i build the rear brakes back up (wet paint stopped progress tonight)
throttle pedal mounting and cable to remake and fit tommorrow, and some wheel studs and nuts to source to correct yet another fault

basically i bought a kit with have the wrong parts ,bodged, on  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

but we have the technology, lol,, (old school )

The North

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2012, 10:35:10 PM »

You are loving it man Wink dont give it the old its not right routene here. Grin It could have been spot on and you know you would have done it your way any how so just roll with the punches man, you are in your elliment so you know it will get done.
  Hey! and we will all post more pictures of our stuff if you post more of that little truck. Wink Get on with it. Grin Grin  ---Says he who as bassicaly wasted a full dry day today yaking suping tea, and kicking a football about with the lad.  Huh
spanners

« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »

rear brakes rebuilt ,,re-plumbed, and set up.
auto box pan removed cleaned out refitted and refilled.
new design throttle pedal made and fitted, throttle cable made up and fitted.

lots of head scratcing and thinking done,,, Cheesy Cheesy and a bit of bidding on ,evil bay,, Wink Wink

The North

« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2012, 10:46:51 PM »

Go on then, the suspense is killing me, what you get off the flea bay for the truck mister. Grin
spanners

« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »

Go on then, the suspense is killing me, what you get off the flea bay for the truck mister. Grin
going to cinderford ,gloucstershire in the morning for a scrap exhaust  Roll Eyes

The North

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »

Take the trailer pick up that sierra then, just cut accross a bit.  Grin Grin
spanners

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2012, 10:00:22 PM »

well i got the ,,scrappy, exhausts (ex cobra) on monday .
so i decided that i,d do enough to get her drivable (around the grass) and turn her round so that i,d have more room to make some exhausts up outa the bits i,v accumulated  Roll Eyes
temp wiring loom sorted ,elec watta swatta sorted,, fuel lines sorted,, B&M shifter modded and fitted for the 3rd time,sorted,  brakes working sorted,,auto trans sorted,,
so i fired her up all was well, Roll Eyes ::)or so i thought  Shocked Shocked wet overall legs,,, Shocked red stuff all over the garage,,,,,bloody trans cooler loop pipe had ffffffing well burst Angry Angry Angry
so quick shut down,, big clean up ,, and make a new / temprey pipe,,
then the gran kids turned up  so that was it for today, Sad Sad
no ride around the grass till tommorrow ..

The North

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

You are loving it.  Smiley
spanners

« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »

You are loving it.  Smiley
lol,, Wink

at times its like making a ,silk purse  outa a sows ear ,,, Roll Eyes Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: