May 14, 2024, 02:29:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Nuts Run 2008 -postponed  (Read 15532 times)
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2008, 07:37:44 AM »

Will check with Zippy today and may also have a few friends interested.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
tazet
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2008, 07:46:53 AM »

Thats good but it's a shame we can't muster up any more forum members.
TwistedPatience

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2008, 06:22:51 PM »

Zippy's out, as he has to work, others have cried off too so looks like it'll be just me from this neck of the woods.

tazet
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2008, 06:27:48 PM »

So that leaves

Me,
Manky,
Twisted,
Bobbi

Retro a possible
Janie a possible

So that's a car load. Hardly seams worth it. The ticket runs out towards the end of October so it has to be used by then or it's wasted. We have sugested other weekends to suit everyone but this is the only one that got response.
TwistedPatience

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2008, 06:33:13 PM »

Give it a miss then.

If we do it next year, perhaps April again.

I'd like to do Brooklands but it's too far for me an the ol' girl at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 06:35:43 PM by TwistedPatience » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2008, 10:51:40 PM »

So, anyone got any suggestions where to go on a free Sunday?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »

Erm, check the calendar Bobbi. Dorset steam fair? Brooklands Relived classic race meet?

Right. We've made an executive decision then. The 2008 MonkeyNuts Run is officially postponed.
We were really looking forward to seeing you lot again & building on the success of last year's, but it seems August is just too busy for most people. Holidays, work commitments & other events mean no-one's free to come along. We'd rather postpone it & re-schedule it for a time when more Monkeys are available, than go ahead & have only 3 or 4 of us there.
So- we're giving you 6 months notice. The 2009 MonkeyNuts Run will be on the last Sunday in April. That's Sunday the 26th April 2009. O.K?   Wink
So get those projects sorted & roadworthy, (yeah, I know, us too), whether it's 2, 3 or 4 wheeled, cos we're gonna be hassling you hard to come along & make a proper run of it.  Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2008, 10:03:52 PM »

Seems we may be going to a car boot sale, deep joy!

A great idea to fix the date now, it can go in all our diaries and there'll be no excuses!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2008, 10:05:50 PM »

Next order of business:
Taz is going to check with MonkeyWorld tomorrow, but we've got a group entry ticket for up to 30 people to visit MonkeyWorld in Dorset, that expires on the 16th October '08. If we're not using it, it'll go to waste. Assuming the management have no objections, why don't we donate it to some worthy group? Our communal good deed &, to be honest, we've got nothing to lose & it'll make us look good!
So -anyone know of a suitable group or club who could use a free day out?

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2008, 10:14:53 PM »

My daughter has a friend who's a teacher - I'll ask if she knows of a Special School or similar organisation that might be interested.  Wrong time of year really for school trips I guess.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2008, 10:15:15 PM »

"I'd like to do Brooklands but it's too far for me an the ol' girl at the moment".

Tempted to do the Brooklands Relived race meet ourselves as we haven't done that one before.

Doc, if you want to come on over, you know you're very welcome to stop at Manky Mansions. Taz has just decided to dismantle the entire kitchen & rebuild it, so pretty chaotic -we've got a spare bedroom but not actually sure we could find it at the moment, but room in the back garden to camp or a comfy sofa. PantherShaun's due to call in on Saturday if you've not met him yet.  Wink  

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2008, 10:18:12 PM »

Yeah, also not sure if they would get discounted entry anyway. I'm guessing all child groups would pay less than full adult price, but the ticket would make it completely free. MonkeyWorld's offices shut at 4.30 so wasn't able to check with them today, but will make sure they don't mind before looking too much into it.

TwistedPatience

« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2008, 07:59:34 AM »

Thanx for the offer but the wife has now decided that I need to do some DIY and I'm going to pick up the RG125 Gamma  too.

tazet
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2008, 11:36:40 AM »

I just spoke to a very nice lady at Monkyworld and unfortunately the ticket can't be transfered to another party. She did think it was sweet we were willing to donate it to a school or something similar before it ran out, but it's not possible. Oh well. It's a shame but at least we gave our support in donations to Micky and hopefully we'll see him next year. I'll un sticky this thread now so a new one will be posted in it's place for 2009.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 06:40:52 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: