May 14, 2024, 04:00:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: trike begins at forty  (Read 16809 times)
saddlebags

« on: November 23, 2006, 01:48:42 PM »

Hi everyone today is my 40th birthday,i know i dont look it,in my 40 years on this planet ive manage to accquire,1 beatiful wife,4 hansome sons,1 gorgeous daughter,an enormous unpayible mortgage,several old bangers that pass as transport and sadly no TRIKE! However this will soon change thanks to an axle and prop care of manky ( in exchange for disc caliper mounting plates)an engine and box thanks to ska man( in exchange for fork brace,wheel caps and other shiny things to adorn his lovely blue trike)a front end from byzmax ( in exchange for some phosphur bronze bushes and some stainless steel rockers, not quite sure what they are but meeting him on friday)that just leaves wheels,tank and seat i love the manky monkey currency its the only way to build cheers you guys.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:18:40 PM »

Many happy thingies mate.  Grin
40 eh. I remember being 40...no, I don't. Mine was 4 years ago & the faculties are fading fast now! Got the memory of a goldfish & I seriously think I'm gonna need glasses soon. Fortunately I've still got my boyish good looks though  Tongue
We've never had a proper engineer on the team before -one who knows how to read micrometers & make things fit without bashing them with a hammer. It's opened up all sorts of possibilities. I keep wondering about changing the rear wheels on my trike. Mine have got no offset -they're flat faced. I really like Flap's deep dished Wolfies & fancy a change. If I can find something suitable for very little money you can have the old 'uns.
Tank -it doesn't have to be a universal fitting custom one. Lots of big manufacturers do custom models with very curvy tanks. Might be worth a trawl through Ebay? As for seats, I don't think you can beat the solo pads we use, but they're going up in price all the time. About 70 quid last time I checked. Ask ByzMax if he's got a suitable tank going spare.
Anyway, happy birthday matey.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:05:46 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
pie

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »

Happy birthday mr Bags!

I have a pair of wolfie type deep dish rims up for grabs which manky or yourself might like? I will also have, in a few months, a pair of 10x15 vitara wheels which i will be looking to sell or barter.
I'm not looking for money particularly, I really like the idea of swapping for work as there are a few things I need for my GS trike build eg: exhaust, mudguards.
Let me know and i'm sure we could work something out.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

Ooh, what size are the Wolfies & how much would you want for them? -not sure I can help with zorst or guards. Are they traditional 5 slot mags?

ska-man2

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 04:33:01 PM »

Happy Birthday have a good un.
pie

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 04:45:25 PM »

They are 5 slot.
If you give me your email i'll send some pics and sizes etc. if you want?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 04:52:28 PM »

PM on it's way. Wink

deegee

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 05:09:59 PM »

Happy Birthday. Enjoy whats left of it. Smiley Smiley Smiley
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 06:07:28 PM »

Happy Birthday Grin

Will see you on friday.

I love the barter system. I often just give stuff away that i'm not using at that time in the knowledge that someone will help me out when I need something. This site is great for all that.

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
flap

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 06:50:56 PM »

Happy Birthday to you
You live in a zoo
You look like a Monkey
And you smell like one too  Grin

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
C J

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 07:12:35 PM »

Happy birthday mate, have a good 'un.
panthershaun

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 07:25:01 PM »

I have an old tank sitting on my shelf, needs work on the bottom (don't we all Wink) that you can have gratis, its a nice shape.

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
saddlebags

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 08:00:09 PM »

thank you panthershaun your my new best mate pm with a postage cost and i will sort it cheers mate  Grin Grin Grin
pie

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 08:54:59 PM »

What sort of seat are you looking for? I have a standard Suzuki GS1000 seat that is in pretty good nick, no rips, that you are more than welcome too.
reliantman

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 08:59:24 PM »

Happy birthday mate.
I don't have anything swap, unless you want a couple of ferrets?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: