May 14, 2024, 05:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: brake balancer  (Read 1725 times)
gpz

« on: December 02, 2009, 10:33:31 PM »

may be a silly question but if u have back and front brakes on trike on one master cylinder do u have to have a brake balancer off some sort
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 11:55:27 PM »

Depends on your particular set-up. None of the trikes I've built that use linked brakes have had balance valves & seemed to run without any problems. I always deliberately underbrake the front end, using old 1970s Jap single pot single disc brakes. With twin discs at the back, the back tends to brake more efficiently than the front. If you put modern twin discs on the front it's very easy to lock the front end up, losing your steering.
If you fit a balance or bias valve, the MSVA test requires it to be locked in one position, (so it can't vibrate open or shut).   

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
gpz

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »

thanks for that Manky i will try without first and see how it goes i am using twin discs off a gpz 900 but they are single pot ones so hopefully will not be to overbraked trial and error i think
ROD

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 05:18:42 PM »

Didnt know that the bias valve had to be fixed for msva,shall make summat up to fix mine. BTW cheapest place Ive found to get one is a company called COMP BRAKE. Sorry ,you'll have to google it ,cant do links etc!
       Rod
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: