May 02, 2024, 01:17:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: hard sad decision  (Read 8731 times)
zakboy

« on: July 11, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

had to make the hardest decistion i have had to make today in a good while, for any one who as a pet or pets will know how much we become attached to them i have a german shepared called zak who we rescued about ten years ago when he was about 3 years old, he as steadly been haveing problems with his back legs and going off them to a certain exstent i have kept shepards before and know the problems they can have with there hips as they get older,so on a recnt visit to the vets they said he had a bit of athrites in his hips but his main problem was he had problem in his spine witch couses the musles to wast away in the back and kills the nerves and the feeling in there back legs deminishes,we were told that there was nothing that they could do but did say that he was probley not in pain but it would get worse,so we brought him home againhe was happy enough in him self we would take him on short walks but a few days ago he got worse and has not eaten for the last two days and has that look in his eye that says im tired and  have had enough, i think its that look that made me make the decision although very difficult that the kindest thing would be to have him put to sleep its been a very trying day........... he will be missed very much

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
RODeo

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »

Hard decision to make,I know what youre going through mate,have been in the same position a couple of times before. Thats why we wont have any more animals,so heartbreaking.I feel for you.
      Rod
Chevy Rick

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »

Sorry to hear your sad situation with Zak bin there myself with several faithfull Dogs Cry
Chevy Rick & Alfie.
Bus Boy

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »

sorry bud!

I never wanted to be normal anyways!
Cabman77

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »

it`s not a "manly" thing but I know how you feel and all II wanted, at the time, was someone to hug me but there was no one there. Remember the good times, I`m sure there are loads of them, and he`ll never be far from you. Not looking forward to this time with my two. Cry Cry Cry Cry

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
spanners

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 03:05:39 PM »

sorry to hear that mate  i lost my old collie just before christmas  three weeks after my dads funeral   , i know its easy to say but i have some idea how your feeling.

chin up mate ..

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
kevsky

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 03:53:32 PM »

so so sorry zak i lost my last about dog (zarak zak for short)11 years ago he was 18years old and i swore i'd never have another, it was heart breaking
unless youv'e gone through it you cant understand why it brings a grown man to tears
even now looking at his picture bringa lump to my throat
again soso sorry

reality sucks thank god for religion
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 06:16:45 PM »

Hi Zak,
Sorry to hear of your loss. My Collie cross will be 17 this year but she is beginning to deteriorate. I am dreading having to make the call but it is part of the deal and its the right thing to do when the time is right. It seems for you and your dog the time was right and you have done right by your best friend.
All the best
Andy
Firery Fred

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 06:44:27 PM »

R I P Zak

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »

Condolences Zak I know how you feel!

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 07:45:25 PM »

Thoughts are with you mate. 

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 08:18:04 PM »

I've been there too and it's really hard but at least there is some small comfort in knowing you've done the last good thing for them and not let them down. 

The Power of the Dog

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy Love unflinching that cannot lie--
Perfect passsion and worship fed By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair To risk your heart to a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet's unspoken prescription runs To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find--it's your own affair-- But ... you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will, With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)
When the spirit that answered your every mood Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,
You will discover how much you care, And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way, When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent, At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe, That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong, A short-term loan is as bad as a long--
So why in--Heaven (before we are there) Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Rudyard Kipling

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
klogan45

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 10:29:58 PM »

Sorry to hear about your loss Zakboy, had to make a decision three years ago with out lovely Tilly our Dalmatian. I still get sentimental and a bit upset even now. Me and mrs.K (well mainly me) swore that we would never have another dog. Six months later we found our Maisey, a Dalmatian too because even with 5 of us living in the house it was so empty. I came across this poem/story call it what you will, take heart mate you never forget them.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
trev

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 07:59:47 AM »

i know exactly how you feel mate,my dog sadie,exactly the same as yours,i thuoght i was looking at her in your photo,her back legs gradually got worse and worse,she was dragging herself around at the end,and i had to let her go,grown men can cry and i did,but got loads of fond memories.

yes but can blue men sing the whites?
gnasher 6

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »

So sorry to hear about poor zak Sad, I know how much you and the misses  loved him, And what he mean't to you both. i've got a lump in my throat myself. Only just found out Shocked. My thought's are with you both. Bet chalkie misses him too. Keep strong. Best wishes g6. Shocked :
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: