May 15, 2024, 09:30:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Supercharged Reliant Robin  (Read 10639 times)
yukonphil

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 07:32:10 AM »

Thanks for all the replies, it's good to get different ideas.  I was thinking exactly the same as the diagram above when I started but then you realise that the output flange on the Reliant box will need an outrigger bearing as it is not designed to take any sideways load and the driveshaft also needs supported.  Also, the distance between the cog on the Reliant box and the one on the driveshaft is quite small meaning you would be restricted in your cog size which affects your choice of gearing and means the chain will not drive on as many teeth as you might like.  Or, you could mount the driveshaft on the other side and flip the rear wheel over and mesh the two cogs but that would be even harder to engineer.  Which ever way you really need it to run in oil so that means an eclosed box.  Then you wish you'd just bought a CG125 Cheesy.  As you can tell, I've thrown a lot of ideas about and this just seemed the best way to go.  Hopefully, time will tell.
panthershaun

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 09:55:19 AM »

I still want to build a Reliant engined bike one day to pull a side car for my Dragon rally trip's and maybe even a return to the Elephant one day...

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
yukonphil

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 11:42:13 AM »

Shaun,
This is on ebay at the moment, if I had more cash lying around I'd have it myself for 'future' use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-engine-adapter-plate-/200989794928?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2ecbece270#ht_82wt_1170
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »

Wasn't somebody on the forum planning to manufacture those at some point?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
panthershaun

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »

cheers Yukon.. BUT and I know you will all find this impossible to beleive but I am not adding to my project pile anymore.. enough enough and it's starting to cost me too much in storage fee's so some of it is going....

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: