May 17, 2024, 02:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564613 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #7260 on: March 31, 2014, 07:49:23 PM »

Oh, and the bits you have re-hung look spiffin'..y'all.. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7261 on: March 31, 2014, 07:52:44 PM »

Yup, they've been fully spiffed.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7262 on: April 01, 2014, 08:24:59 PM »

Wheel bearings taken back out & fully greased, kingpins greased, second coat of paint on the front axle & locating rods, indicators fitted to the mudguards.
Next job -feeding 2 wires for the indicators down through the hollow mudguard strut. Should be fairly easy. Jeez, what a fiddly job! Took the combined efforts of Loony's Mum & me nearly an hour to wiggle a Bowden cable through the hole at the bottom & up through the 4 bends of the strut to the hole at the top on one side. Tomorrow I'll tape the wires to it & try to pull them through.   
Because everything's powder coated now, I'm going to run a new Earth wire from the indicators down to the chassis & the same for the headlights, rather than just Earthing on their mounting bolts as they did before.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:24:54 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #7263 on: April 01, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »

try sucking a string through with a vacuum cleaner, or if there int one at Loons, blowing it thru with comp. air
tie a wee bit of plastic bag on the end

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7264 on: April 01, 2014, 09:12:45 PM »

Heard of that one, but never tried it Ben. Not a bad idea.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #7265 on: April 02, 2014, 09:15:05 AM »

Looking good mr Manky..hope to see you at WD40, il be in my wheelchair so not easy to miss

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7266 on: April 02, 2014, 06:31:30 PM »

I'll keep an eye out for you.  Wink
4 hours! 4 bloomin' hours, just to thread 4 wires through 2 holes. I'm not sure if that's a sign of remarkable patience or just limited mental capacity, meaning I'm easily amused. Good job the lighter evenings have arrived -Loony locked up & went home & left me to it, with a selection of cables, lengths of welding rod & string. Even the cat got bored of watching me & wandered off to kill something.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:30:44 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Olds

« Reply #7267 on: April 02, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »

4 hours! 4 bloomin' hours, just to thread 4 wires through 2 holes.  Even the cat got bored of watching me & wandered off to kill something.
Grin Grin Just shows that you have patience.

try sucking a string through with a vacuum cleaner, or if there int one at Loons, blowing it thru with comp. air
tie a wee bit of plastic bag on the end

Never had much luck with the compressor way. String just seemed to spin around until it formed a big knot! The vacuum cleaner works though.
Bit of cotton thread with some cotton wool on the end.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7268 on: April 02, 2014, 07:40:00 PM »

Apparently I missed Clive by 10 minutes this afternoon. He buzzed the workshop in his helicopter, (he trains Army pilots). Pretty cool to be able to say your mate flew over in his helicopter!

stinkey

« Reply #7269 on: April 03, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »

My buddy flies rescue helicopters, once buzzed over our place,but at a good height ( turbulence from rotors ) checking out a certain lady who was sunbathing (naked)  Roll Eyes

Clive

« Reply #7270 on: April 03, 2014, 04:34:53 PM »

Turbulence, pah!!!! :-)

I may know him buddy, a LOT of air ambulance/police pilots are ex-military

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
stinkey

« Reply #7271 on: April 06, 2014, 07:17:52 PM »

Ex RAF ,but best I not mention his name..

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7272 on: April 14, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »

Haven't posted here for a few days because I've been offline with computer problems, but not a lot to show. Racing like mad to get the Pop ready for the big Wheelsday show on Friday -that's 3 or 4 days away & I need to get it running, MOT'd & taxed before then. Really not sure if it'll make it, but I'll do my best.
These snaps were taken a few days ago, so I've done a bit more since.
Mudguards are all fitted now, as well as all the lights, with new earth wires for front indicators & rear light units because the old earth points have been powder-coated.
I've refitted all the engine brackets that I had nickel plated & got the bonnet back on. Also cut a section out of the bulkhead & replaced it cos it was a bit scruffy. Looks tidier now.
Cut & re-welded the brake pedal so it's now the same height as the throttle, (the brake was set much higher to get through the SVA test cos they wanted a certain amount of reserve travel behind it. Still plenty, but it makes it easier to move your foot from one pedal to the other now.
Today I have to weld in mounts for the new dashboard as well as various other welding jobs in the cab.
Mr Loon's going to spray the main fuel tank as I've spent some time filling all the dents in it. Both tanks then need to be fitted.
Once I'm done in the cab, the interior needs refitting & the new glass put in, as well as the doors rehung.
I have to get an MOT by Wednesday afternoon so I can tax it after work on Thursday afternoon, ready to drive to Surrey on Friday morning!
Obviously it's still nowhere near finished & will continue evolving over the Summer, but I'm trying to do all the bits that I can't do when it's on the road
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:35:49 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7273 on: April 14, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »

You can see here that I've added a 5" section to the bottom of the pick-up bed side, between the back of the cab & the rear wheel. It hides part of the exhaust that was showing as well as the axle locating rod, but also makes the truck look shorter I think. The other side's made, but not fitted yet. Seems to have a very nose down stance here, but I think that's cos it's parked on a slope!

Archie

« Reply #7274 on: April 14, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »

Got no mots here currently on Wednesday afternoon
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: