May 17, 2024, 02:12:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564613 times)
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #6615 on: July 31, 2013, 10:30:12 PM »

not often i put in my opinion but neither  Roll Eyes
WAYNE999

« Reply #6616 on: August 01, 2013, 06:43:20 AM »

With the Morris wheel a lot of people can stick there head in and say "That's from a Morris 1000"
Using unbranded aftermarket parts keeps people guessing

Oh bugger we need a bigger hammer
twisted

« Reply #6617 on: August 01, 2013, 11:14:53 AM »

tractor one  Wink

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6618 on: August 01, 2013, 09:29:22 PM »

That was one of the reasons for fitting it Wayne. I've de-badged the rest of the vehicle, (even the engine doesn't have any Rover badges on it), & added my own logos instead. The Morris wheel's instantly identifiable though -well, at least to those of us old enough to remember Moggies. I'm not really changing it just for the sake of changing it, I think it's a really cool wheel. Just concerned it may not suit the car that's all. I think it's cos it reminds me of model T Ford wheels, so I think it's more suited to an open top roadster than a closed cab truck. Not sure. It'll probably blend in a lot more once it's black, but that'll be a while yet.
I bought a Mini steering wheel hub from Ebay & it arrived today. Mr Newbie happened to be at the 'shop when I got there so we offered it up to the wheel. No good. I'd bought a vintage "Tulip" style boss -completely the wrong shape to adapt to the wheel. Bugger. Back to Ebay this evening & I've found a Mountney one that looks more hopeful. The other one will have to join my ever growing collection of unwanted parts to go back on Ebay.

Took the Pop for a spin over to JackHammer speed shop in Farnborough, (about 20 miles away), this afternoon. It's been a really humid day here & by the time I'd driven there, found they're shut for 2 weeks for their holidays, & driven back, I was literally dripping in sweat. The backs of my trouser legs were wet & I even had a seatbelt shaped line of perspiration across my chest. It really is ridiculously hot in that cab. There's a gap in the gearbox tunnel around the handbrake lever & as I drove along the motorway I could feel a blast of hot air coming up through it. Because the engine sits very high in the cab, I think I'm suffering from the heat when it's running a lot more than "normal" positioned motors. Got to get the welding finished around the doors & floors so I can put some Dynamatt down.
The motor's drinking oil, though it doesn't appear to be smoking. Had to top it up again today. No obvious leaks, so I'm not sure where it's going. Checked the gearbox oil level, (with the engine running as advised). It's fine. The engine felt a bit "chuggy" today, especially when pulling away from junctions. Could just be the heat, but I'll pull the sparkplugs out tomorrow & give 'em a clean up.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
WAYNE999

« Reply #6619 on: August 02, 2013, 07:45:30 PM »

. Back to Ebay this evening & I've found a Mountney one that looks more hopeful. The other one will have to join my ever growing collection of unwanted parts to go back on Ebay.
Wotsit is built from unwanted parts waiting to go back on ebay

Oh bugger we need a bigger hammer
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6620 on: August 03, 2013, 12:43:04 PM »

Just been out to a local classic car breakfast meet at a nearby roadside café. Running fine, but a little hesitant at low speed. Might just be muck in the fuel lines or something. Pulled a spark plug out when I got back to the workshop -perfect beige colour. Called in at the local car spares place on the way home anyway & treated it to a new set of plugs, partly cos I can't be bothered to clean all 8 of the old ones & partly cos I'm off to the Prescott Hill Climb, near Cheltenham tomorrow morning & want to count the plugs out as the cause of any problems that might arise.
On the way home from the meet this morning I stopped to take a couple of snaps. There's an American hotrod magazine called Ol' Skool Rodz". when the Pop's finally finished, painted, upholstered etc, I'll send them some photos of my English hotrod.  Grin

poprodder

« Reply #6621 on: August 03, 2013, 01:06:41 PM »

they would love it how it is andy.

spanners

« Reply #6622 on: August 03, 2013, 01:15:38 PM »

must be ,hotrod, day  Wink

,EMILY,s been round the village Smiley

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6623 on: August 03, 2013, 06:22:40 PM »

See you at the hill climb in her tomorrow then Mike!
Swapped the plugs this afternoon, then Mr Newbie gave me a hand to pull the front brake pads out & copper grease the backs to stop them squealing. They had a self adhesive plastic/rubber film on the backs that's obviously meant as an anti squeal shim, but the pistons had cut through it like a cookie cutter, which explains why they'd started shrieking -worked fine, but embarrassing as you're pulling into showgrounds.
Ought to grease the kingpins now it's done over 1,000 miles, but need to find someone with a grease gun.
I'm off to the Prescott pre war hill climb meet tomorrow morning, so checked everything over then covered it up, ready for an early start in the morning.

kapri

« Reply #6624 on: August 03, 2013, 08:00:59 PM »

Was thinking of going until I saw the Sunday entry price ..OUCH! Looks like it will be the Supernats or possibly Gas Guzzlers meet in Berwick.
spanners

« Reply #6625 on: August 03, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »

think i,m going to doncaster. Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6626 on: August 03, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »

Donny?

Yeah, shocked me too Kev -25 quid. That's very nearly half a steering wheel. Mind you, it's 18 quid for a day's drag racing at Shakey. Unfortunately motorsport's just bloomin' expensive in this country.
I don't smoke or drink though, so cars & bikes are my only vices. I've got workmates who spend more than that every night in the pub, with nothing to show for it but a headache.
Entry fee, 8 gallons of fuel & maybe a burger from the hog roast. Mind you, they've got a bunch of trade stalls there too ...

spanners

« Reply #6627 on: August 03, 2013, 08:27:45 PM »

DONT BUY ANYTHING ELSE FOR THE ,EBAY, PILE  Roll Eyes

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6628 on: August 03, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »

I must not buy stuff, I must not buy stuff ...

...oooh, shiney things.

Olds

« Reply #6629 on: August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »

Just like a magpie Grin

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: