May 08, 2024, 09:46:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay trike - update - but no photos.  (Read 7615 times)
tazet
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 05:46:58 PM »

Yey. Great news and you got it for a good price too.  Grin

PS I've got a haynes manual for a mini somewhere if you want it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 05:51:14 PM by tazet » Logged
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 05:54:47 PM »

Cheers Tazet, but hold fire on that cos I may put a metro engine in it, depends what I can get.

Lots of stuff I want changed, yes I think the tiny wheels look sad but I don't know what difference it would make putting larger wheels on.  The mudguards are gross too, and that thing above the engine, and the chequer plate has to go.

And what colour am I going to have it painted?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
tazet
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 05:57:42 PM »

The colour is the hardest choice  Grin
klogan45

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 06:21:14 PM »

What about Burgundy red ans black. Had a mini scamp once in those colours looked wicked.
I've got 17 inch wheels for my mini trike Shocked Grin Grin
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Plainy Janie

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 06:22:57 PM »

Well done BG.  ;

That looks promising.  You'll have to keep us up to date with your new project.  What name will you give this trike?

Congrats.

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 06:50:02 PM »

Might call it Herman after the bloke I bought it from, but I really don't know, or even whether it will have a name - with Gertie it just happened!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 10:20:59 PM »

There are some really great peeps about.

I got an email from the seller asking me to contact him cos he had the phone no of Perry and Liz, a couple I met at the NABD Cornbury rally.  He siad they'd phoned about the trike but when they found out I was bidding they said they wouldn't bid against me!  How about that?

I rememberd who they were, she had a GT550 trike also but was having probs with handling.  Spoke to her later, she said they decided not to bid cos I needed it more than she did!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 10:56:47 PM »

Congratulations Bobbi.  Cheesy
Just don't blame us for encouraging you when you're tearing your hair out over it in a few months time!
Bruce turns out some nice work. I'm looking forward to watching the rebirth of this one.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
harley gazz

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007, 06:03:04 PM »

hi bobbi well done heres a piccy if it appears of a metro engined trike i saw on another site  Grin

arc eye tha noo
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »

Now that is really tidy!  Best one I've seen!

Funnily enough I've had visions of bare metal hoops over the engine on mine instead of the security grille thing - but I wouldn't want to be the passenger sitting up there on top of the engine!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 06:26:36 PM by BikerGran » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2007, 02:57:14 PM »

Went down to Weymouth today with Bruce and a trailer to collect the trike - no pics cos it wasn't that kind of weather!

I was quite relieved that Bruce was quite positive about the trike - like you Manky he said as it was running, properly registered, and MOT'd, it would have been worth more than the 715 I paid for it.  He reckoned he would prolly NOT be telling me that the whole thing needed to be rebuilt!

He's going to give it a good once over and tell me what he thinks needs doing - but he rode it out of the cul de sac to put it on the trailer and was quite pleased with the engine, said it ran quite sweetly.  I've got to email him with my ideas and he'll tell me what is and isn't practical, then I'll go over and see him to talk money.  He's built mini engined trikes in the past and knows about them so that's good.  He's now built 312 trikes!  And got a nice new website at http://www.bbcustoms.biz/

When I saw it again it didn't seem quite so huge as it had before, I'm really pleased!  Went to the pub with Mike to celebrate, nice lunch and a little too much red wine, lovely!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:01:19 PM by BikerGran » Logged

klogan45

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »

Good news Bobbi, glad that you are happy and sounding very positive. Wink Smiley Grin
I've had a look at the website and think that you are going to be really pleased with the trike when its finished. Smiley
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2007, 10:38:36 PM »

312!!
Congratulations Bobbi. Really, really pleased for you.
Now post some pics of it!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2008, 08:58:51 PM »

Went over to Bruce's workshop today to look at progress.

Angry

He hasn't started yet!  Told me they'll be starting it next week.  That's what he said last time I was over there discussing the rebuild.  Oh well, I knew it wouldn't be ready when he said cos he's always over-optimistic, but he does do a good job.

He reckons it will be about 2ft shorter when he's done.  The back of the rear seat will kind of go up over the engine thus providing some protection from the weather (running probs were partly caused by a carb full of water!).  Front part of frame need redoing but he thinks the engine's a good 'un.  Putting larger wheels on, forgot what size he said, not a lot larger cos of it being an auto.  New tank, new seat, new paint.  Basically black, maybe coloured tank and mudguards, we'll see.  Might look better all black.

And I've decided to put a really BIG screen on it - prolly one of these:

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2008, 09:37:13 PM »

Is this the point where I make some witty comment about you nagging me to get mine done?
Nah, don't think so. Hang in there Bobbi. Only met Bruce once but he seemed an O.K kinda guy.
The trike sounds great. How about doing us an artist's impression? Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: