May 15, 2024, 01:27:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trike v5..new build?  (Read 1520 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« on: June 28, 2007, 08:33:37 PM »

hi guys /gals.. another question ? im just about to build my first reliant trike.can anyone give me any info as to rules /regs to make this truly legal ? it looks like i will be building two of them ? Lips Sealed

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:41:58 PM »

Hiya,
I'm building a new one for myself at the moment, (see Manky's New Trike Frame thread), with another for the missus in the pipeline soon. Both will be going through the MSVA registration process. There's a copy of the MSVA regulations manual floating about somewhere -I think SkaMan's got it at the moment. Costs 30 quid & contains all the measuremensts & guidelines you'll need to work to. Worth ordering a copy from your local VOSA office before you start. Most of it's common sense stuff, like having rounded edges on any surfaces that may come into contact with pedestrians & lights being positioned so that other road users can see them etc. Not as difficult to build to as you might think. If you want to know anything specific, let me know & I'll look it up for you.
ByzMax has just put his half bodied VW trike through with no major problems. I'm sure he'll be able to help you too. 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: