May 15, 2024, 11:28:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: handlebars  (Read 1815 times)
pie

« on: May 25, 2007, 06:44:36 PM »

I've made myself a set of bars for the trike and well, to be honest, they're a bit crap and untidy and i'm not happy with them.
Is there anyone on here that could make me a tidy set (is it set or pair)? eg: a neat TIG weld instead of MIG around the join of the U to the cross bar.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:23:03 PM »

Hi Pie,
Don't look too bad from the photos.
Depends where you are in the country. There's several commercial welders down this way, (Berkshire/Hampshire), who'd do that for a tenner or so.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
pie

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 07:55:34 PM »

Hello Mr monkey,
In the photos it doesn't look too bad but in real life they're just not good, mainly the weld around the join and also the U is made from solid and I want it made from tube so I can run the wires through.
I'm in Braintree which is a bit of a journey from you and would have to sort it out by post, is this a possibility?
Your trike is looking pretty damn good by the way, even without big fat slot mags!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 10:34:33 PM »

Must admit I'm quite jealous of Mr Flap's mags. Can't beat the look of deep dished wheels.
There must be welders in your area surely? If you can't get it sorted then yeah, I'm happy to run your bars into one of the local firms. SaddleBags' younger brother's a professional welder too -he's just TIGged his trike frame for him.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
pie

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »

righto, thanks.
I dont think i'll have too much trouble getting the welding done, it's trying to get a length of tube bent into that shape without any distortion that seems to be impossible.
Anyway i shall keep asking, bound to get it sorted sometime.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: