May 11, 2024, 05:14:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Easy Clutch"  (Read 7297 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »

Cheers Blair, I've never been any further into my clutch than changing plates and springs so I have no idea where/how that fits?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
digger06

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »

Cheers Blair, I've never been any further into my clutch than changing plates and springs so I have no idea where/how that fits?
its in the middle of the clutch , easy enough change but im not sure itl fit yours?
that will make it smoother , but not any easier, load wise,

gran, hydraulic, properly done is the only way, iv changed a few over for people mildly disabled, made the clutch a LOT easier..
if others say it made no difference, they haven't had the correct set up,
however, the correct set up is trial and error, but not as dear as you think if you use second hand parts...
and itl keep you on the road ,
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:34:54 PM by digger06 » Logged
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »

Well I may think abiout it again when Gertie's back on the road, but as I said somewhere else - the creaky old bones don't like me to ride too far now, so it may be that the clutch will be the least of my problems!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Cabman77

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »

If you`re using the golf club method of gear changing why not change to a foot clutch? If the left leg ain`t up to it you could put the clutch on the right along with the rear brake or integrate the brakes to run off the front lever, using a slave cylinder. Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »

I'm really grateful for all the suggestions but believe me they've all been discussed!  Trouble is, I have arthritis everywhere and changing things around just puts more pressure on another bit of me which is likely to react by seizing up - truly, the answer is just not to ride so far!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: