May 16, 2024, 10:53:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Festival of Transport 2011  (Read 55287 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »

Now you tell me!
They were in the car Mike.
Sold a set of stickers & a baseball cap while we were there.
Stickers are 5 quid for a set of 6 or 50p each for the small ones & £1 each for the larger ones.
The embroidered shirts & sweatshirts are done to order as we just can't afford to keep a stock of them, (we've usually got most sizes of printed T shirts in stock). I collected an order from our merchandise guy last week though & he warned me the price of cotton has rocketed -apparently there's a shortage of it at the moment, so he'll have to put up his prices. We can absorb the T shirt increase, but may have to add a quid or 2 to the cost of sweatshirts & workshirts. We don't make a profit from merchandise -I'd rather see 10 guys wearing cheap shirts than charge more & only sell 1. So you get 'em for more or less what we do, give or take literally a couple of pence.
Let me know what you'd like & I'll get it sorted.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #241 on: May 09, 2011, 08:50:48 PM »

Just had an odd email -well, I get odd emails from you lot all the time, but this one was from Doug of the Guzzlers car club.
-but not the Doug or the Guzzlers I know.

Hi Andy,
My name is Doug, I'm the Chairman of the Guzzlers Kar Klub based up here in North Wales.
I have recently found out through your site that there is in fact another Doug and another Guzzlers.
I am trying to contact the Guzzlers in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Do you have any contact details for them please?

Our Guzzlers Klub over here in North Wales is a thriving local club with our own annual show.  It would be good to contact the Basingstoke Guzzlers to find out about their club.

How weird is that! I've passed on our Doug's phone number. Just hope we haven't started some sort of international Guzzlers turf war now.  Tongue

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #242 on: May 09, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »

I forgot what I went for too - I passed a stall doing numberplates and thought to myself - now what did I want from a stall like that?  But there was no reply from my brain.
So I still haven't got a sign saying "BG Towers" to put outside my mahoosive new tent!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #243 on: May 09, 2011, 09:30:22 PM »

Tony, the green Ford you admired belongs to forum member 40fordsedan, (Keith), & is in our Motors, 4 wheels bit.

Keith's Ford

Motors, 4 wheels

And there's a YouTube clip of the little Austin van arriving at Milestones Museum in Basingstoke, before heading for the showsite.

YouTube Austin

Did you notice it had the wrong doors? Saloon instead of van ones.

spanners

« Reply #244 on: May 09, 2011, 11:58:36 PM »

and the van doors differance is --------------------------------------------------hold on=== i,m going to check  Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
spanners

« Reply #245 on: May 10, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »

just had another ,look,   me thinks said van could be a bitza !!!!!!

rear 1/4 panels are austin a35 countryman ? ?

doors are late a 30 / 35 saloon

strip/line below window/above lower doorskin doesnt look right

grill= high brid

indicator lights are mounted on some sort of plinth (austin never did that)

all in all something diffo   or  not 100%

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Cabman77

« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2011, 07:32:31 AM »

How weird is that! I've passed on our Doug's phone number. Just hope we haven't started some sort of international Guzzlers turf war now.  Tongue

politics politics politics  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #247 on: May 10, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »

Cheesy This is Welsh Doug's truck.

Galaxie500

« Reply #248 on: May 10, 2011, 09:10:01 AM »

Thats a cool truck  Smiley
I just did a quick search and found the other Guzzlers have a website http://www.guzzlerskarklub.co.uk/

If there is a turf war it'll be pistons at dawn  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »

Grin That pic was taken at The Hotrod Hayride -just down the road from me in Bisley, Surrey.
Maybe you guys ought to arrange to meet up at this year's Hayride -kinda Guzzlers Blind Date.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2011, 09:18:22 AM »

pistons at dawn 

Like that!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2011, 09:19:55 AM »

blind date could equel  battle at dawn ,,,,,,if they dont get on  Grin Grin

Galaxie500

« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2011, 10:09:54 AM »

Maybe you guys ought to arrange to meet up at this year's Hayride -kinda Guzzlers Blind Date.

Will Cilla Black be there too?  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2011, 10:12:12 AM »

Cilla matt black maybe.

spanners

« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »

andy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, youre joke,s are getting worse   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  

Jump to: