May 11, 2024, 01:43:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: CHOP & ROD SHOW  (Read 18916 times)
yoda
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2006, 06:14:22 AM »

am just drinking my coffee and will head off

see you soon folks

Yogi

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2006, 09:04:55 AM »

See you there Yodie. I've just finished work so getting scrubbed up then on my way. We've lost one already -Lunatic's mislaid his mate Doug. He's asleep on someone's floor somewhere apparently. Ahh, the joys of youth! Seeya later.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2006, 04:03:55 PM »

Bugger, had to miss it again Angry

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2006, 06:54:48 PM »

I did keep an eye out for you U.T
We were going to organise a group photo but never got around to it. Good ride up there & back.

Attending forum members:
Janie_Postie, plus her dad, Jacko.
Zelda.
ByzMax, Mrs ByzMax & the Byzy boys.
Triker Pete & Chrissie.
Lunatic.
SkaMan.
Flap.
Manky.
Yoda.
And Wizzkit -though I never saw her to hand over the angel cake I was toting about all afternoon. 

Was pretty cool to see various MMMotors shirts among the crowd. Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 07:38:19 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

wizzkitt

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2006, 07:09:51 PM »

Didn't even know you were there Manky until Yoda said you'd been and gone.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2006, 07:35:11 PM »

Yup, rode pillion on Jacko's VW.
I sacrificed the last minute rush to get my Honda MOTable to make sure Flap was roadworthy.
Some constructive criticism Wizz, (meant in a genuinely constructive way, honest).
A tenner is just too much for an afternoon pub show. We all baulked at paying it, & hadn't seen any mention of it on the online show flyer. A fiver would've been acceptable, but had I known in advance, I for one, probably wouldn't have gone. Or would've restricted my viewing to the bulk of the carpark, including the rods which, bizarrely, was free, then ridden to the Ace Cafe for a 5 quid all day breakfast.
Although our little group coughed up the best part of a hundred quid between us, the same again was lost from the 4 seperate groups I chatted to who turned round & rode straight back out again. I realise bands have to be paid for & maybe the pub hired, but beer & food sales must've been good & I'm sure the stallholders paid for their pitches. What exactly did that tenner buy us?
Not being deliberately argumentative, just pointing out the rank & file punters' view. Yes, I enjoyed the afternoon & only left because some of the others had to get home & I was a pillion.
Has a bigger venue been mooted for next year? What about the large carpark being used for parking for a football match on the other side of the dual carriageway?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 08:32:11 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

longboarder

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2006, 08:44:59 AM »

Really wanted to get up this, Was all ready to come up but just ran out of time, oh well heres to the next one.. Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2006, 08:49:54 AM »

Would've been good to see you mate. I hardly took any piccies cos I was too busy chatting. The ride up & back was fun -a group of trikes on the road together certainly attracts attention! Made me more determined to get my own sorted now.

longboarder

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2006, 08:58:55 AM »

Made me more determined to get my own sorted now.

What you doing online then should be out there doing it  Grin

Will post your rent a monkey money out to you, was hoping to give it to you yesterday. Roll Eyes

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2006, 09:28:48 AM »

Thank you. Just waiting for the last stragglers to pay & I'll get it sent off.
Vaguely thinking of jumping in the van & nipping up to the Ace cafe for the 59 club day, but can't really afford it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 09:42:27 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

wizzkitt

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2006, 10:41:08 PM »

Some constructive criticism Wizz, (meant in a genuinely constructive way, honest).

Don't look at me about criticism. The show is nothing to do with me.

A tenner is just too much for an afternoon pub show.

I agree. I agreed last year. I assume that it's done that way because there's a full evening's entertainment although I seem to remember last year they had people on the door charging for people who'd only come up at night for the bands.

the rods which, bizarrely, was free

The rods bit wasn't free. People were paying on the gate.

Has a bigger venue been mooted for next year?

Yes. There will be a new venue for next year (one was tried for this year) with oval track racing I think.

What about the large carpark being used for parking for a football match on the other side of the dual carriageway?

The large car park doesn't belong to the pub so will involve two lots of hiring. Plus, can you imagine the logistics of people getting from one side of a busy dual carriageway (which has an armco central reservation) - the police and the council would shut the show down straightaway.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »

Hiya. Oval track racing, as in Purfleet track?
No, I meant rent the carpark across the road as a venue rather than using the pub. Think it belongs to a college doesn't it?
Nobody was charged as they rode in the gate. They were hit for a tenner to pass through the fenced off section in front of the pub. I deliberately spent as long as possible outside in the main carpark & only ventured in to chat to a few people. The section used for cars was free.
Last year, as well as the ten quid you kindly got waived for me, (thank you for that. I didn't realise you had), I was charged an extra fiver to go indoors to listen to the bands -you were with me when we went in as I remember.
Sorry to keep on about the money, but for those of us on very limited budgets, it's a lot. A couple of our number only had enough for petrol money on them so it wiped out any food or drink they may have otherwise bought.
1000 people there maybe? At a tenner a head? Too much.

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2006, 03:09:28 PM »

1000 people there maybe? At a tenner a head? Too much.

I wouldn't say no to it though Grin Grin

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
wizzkitt

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2006, 03:45:55 PM »

The section used for cars was free.

Okay, you know best. One of the guys on the gate told me this morning told me it wasn't, he was obviously wrong.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2006, 10:01:57 PM »

Alright Wizz, I'll shut up. Didn't mean to rant quite so much. A nice ride there & back with good mates & some interesting machinery to look at.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: