May 14, 2024, 08:32:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49
  Print  
Author Topic: my new trike project  (Read 200707 times)
andyrennison

« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2014, 09:17:48 PM »

Result! if you fancy a long run there is a cup of tea waiting in North Manchester Smiley

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
twisted

« Reply #436 on: July 09, 2014, 09:16:09 AM »

no terry i havent bought any....yet  Wink but its looking a bit better today so at lunch i hope to be off to buy oil and engine flush.
and andy not ready for that just yet but might take you up on it in the future  Wink

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
twisted

« Reply #437 on: July 09, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »

ride out at lunch time went well  Cheesy. there was a bit of steam/smoke from the filler and the trike got as excited as i did as there was some goo on the rocker cover from the spout  Shocked Wink but i am sure this is from the water from the head change. bought some 20w 50 oil and engine flush so tonight or tomorrow will put that through, drain then new oil and filter and see what she does.
guys at work say she sounds better already  Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #438 on: July 09, 2014, 05:32:55 PM »

Fully qualified mechanic now then Craig -could you nip down & fix my truck for me?
Congratulations dude. It was worth sticking with it & getting it sorted wasn't it.
Bet your mates all wish they had one now!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
twisted

« Reply #439 on: July 09, 2014, 09:13:03 PM »

Ha ha I wouldn't go that far yet andy. Would love to help if I could just get away from work at a decent hour.
Most think I am slightly mental but two of them want one.one of them is planning to have a guy build him one for his house in goa. Keeps reading my magazine's and taking pictures of her  Grin
Yes I am pleased with what I have done,I just hope I've fixed it.
Put the engine flush in then jacked the front up slightly and have left her overnight to drain. Tomorrow will put on new filter and fresh oil. Will also remove the rocker cover and clean out any foam in there then  if its not raining go for another ride  Grin

scannerzer

« Reply #440 on: July 09, 2014, 09:41:25 PM »

good you got sorted hopefully once and for all
merv

« Reply #441 on: July 09, 2014, 11:14:59 PM »

all sounds promising, hope it all goes well Craig

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
twisted

« Reply #442 on: July 11, 2014, 01:12:11 PM »

cheers guys. only taking her on shortish runs at the mo but looking good. small drops of fluid coming from the breather but have attached another temporary bottle to catch whats coming out to check it. whats in the top of a standard breather cap? there is nothing in mine, its a straight hole out.
so i have the ferox F3 stuff to flush the cooling system but how do i use it? do i put it in with just clean water and run it or is it ok to leave the coolant in and add it to that?

terry t

« Reply #443 on: July 11, 2014, 02:05:27 PM »

cheers guys. only taking her on shortish runs at the mo but looking good. small drops of fluid coming from the breather but have attached another temporary bottle to catch whats coming out to check it. whats in the top of a standard breather cap? there is nothing in mine, its a straight hole out.
so i have the ferox F3 stuff to flush the cooling system but how do i use it? do i put it in with just clean water and run it or is it ok to leave the coolant in and add it to that?
Craig just drain some water out through the engine drain plug then pour the
fernox  f3 then run it the circulate the f3 then ride it with the f3 still in the system
twisted

« Reply #444 on: July 11, 2014, 02:59:12 PM »

cheers terry. will drop a bit out and throw the stuff in then  Grin

terry t

« Reply #445 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:35 PM »

cheers terry. will drop a bit out and throw the stuff in then  Grin

Go for it. then get some miles on over the week end, come rain or shine  Cool Wink
twisted

« Reply #446 on: July 12, 2014, 08:52:27 PM »

got to take her out today for abit of a run  Grin up the A40 and out to ivor. pushed her up to 65 mph. got thumbs up and waves from passers by. say a can-am rider parked up on side of road and stopped to check he was ok. quick chat and off again. WHAT A BUZZ. cant wait to get out again.
bit of oil on the rocker cover but will get some rubber O rings that should fix that. only other slight issue (well i hope its only slight) is when i looked her over after there seems to be a bit of oil around the gear box. is there a gasket or seal for this? and whats it called so i can find somewhere to order one from. cheers.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/twistedspirit76/mobile%20pics/mankey%20monkey%20motors/my%20trike/IMG-20140712-WA0000_zpsphmpcx2n.jpg
my new trike project

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/twistedspirit76/mobile%20pics/mankey%20monkey%20motors/my%20trike/IMG-20140712-WA0002_zpsfgo6nahv.jpg
my new trike project

thanks again for any advice  Wink

Olds

« Reply #447 on: July 13, 2014, 07:48:39 AM »

Glad the run went well and that you enjoyed it. Riding a trike is such a hoot.  Grin
Is the oil coming from under the ball, or from between the top cover and box ? Also is the reverse switch hole plugged and have you checked the oil level ? There is a gasket between the cast cover and the box. It's quite stiff and actually covers most of the aperture in the top of the gearbox, with just enough cut away to allow the bottom of the gear lever to select the gears.   
I had no real loss of oil but I fitted a CV boot over the ball anyway just to keep things clean.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:02:55 AM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
twisted

« Reply #448 on: July 13, 2014, 07:22:41 PM »

Cheers olds. I think it is coming from both. No idea what or where the reverse switch hole is so dont know that one  Roll Eyes. Have not checked the oil but will do. Migjt get a new bottle and refill. Will phone reliant parts world tomorrow and try to explain and see if they have that gasket.
Finding any reason I can to ride. Made the family drive in the car today while I lead the way on the trike to the other halfs aunts house.  Grin

merv

« Reply #449 on: July 13, 2014, 08:27:10 PM »

Nice one , that's the way to go Craig  Smiley

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49
  Print  

Jump to: