May 14, 2024, 01:17:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Festival of transport 10th May 2009  (Read 24832 times)
tbone

« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2009, 08:43:26 AM »

Hmm, i`d ask for a recount!
With my completely unbiased head on, i still maintain that the triple M stand was the best, as Ali has just said, with the others, people were just drifting past looking at the vehicles, we didnt see anyone stop and actualy interact with the exhibitors, who from what i saw were burried in the centre of their displays, seemingly unapproachable.
Maybe the organisers look for different things when judging the best stand, and our opinion is, if you want rows of highly polished vehicles that no one is allowed to touch, then give the award to them, If you want a stand that drew the crowds and offered a variety of interesting vehicles, allowed total interaction, aways had someone on hand to chat to and answer questions, allowed photo opertunities..........
Sorry about that, what do i know? i only went along as part of the non paying british public

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
tazet
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »

I agree with you. Would be interesting to know how it is judged.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2009, 10:24:53 AM »

I reckon you might be ever so slightly biased TB!
I didn't think we were working particularly hard at courting the punters, just being ourselves, but when you looked at the other clubs you're right. Most were enjoying the day as a club get-together for their members, with the general public as an added extra. We were there to meet the visitors & grab a few minutes to chat to each other when we could -different approach.
Seriously, maybe we can build on our success to come up with a bigger, brighter display for next year. I'm thinkng maybe a couple of trikes raised a foot or two off the ground on stands so people can get a good view all around them, properly presented information boards for each vehicle, with a couple of build photos etc, information on building a trike & registering it for the road, more information on the drag cars with links to associated race organisations, a list of dates & venues where the cars can be seen in action, a similar list of cruise dates & venues where punters can get involved in the custom car scene. More info on display answering some of the more commonly asked questions. Maybe a small merchandise area, selling T shirts & stickers? If we wanted to, we could make a real splash at that show -more so than we already have. Or do we prefer to keep it on a more informal, turn up & enjoy a laid back day sort of level? Have a think about it. Some feedback on just what you guys would like would be useful. No reason why we couldn't do other shows, but we just seem to have adopted that one as our event.
One thing that did niggle me all day was those bloomin' MMMotors banners. They were hung on lightweight plastic poles, (actually plumbing fittings), with short pegs holding them in the ground. They got knocked over, blown over by the wind etc all day. With help from Simple Simon & Scottie I repaired them several times. So next year I'm determined to create something more substantial. I was thinking life sized monkeys, built from scrap car parts, dressed in MMMotors T shirts, holding the banners. Wouldn't want to block the view of anyone's vehicles though so maybe they'd have to be squatting down. -well why not?!   Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2009, 11:26:29 AM »

Might be worth one year of all out monkey madness just to see the difference.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »

Could be a laugh couldn't it.  Cheesy

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »

Oh Yes! Grin

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2009, 10:10:01 PM »

Our meagre photo offerings online now. Words to follow as soon as I've written some. More photos as soon as you lot send them in.  Grin

Photos

trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »

I understand both Emily & Chrissie have sent you discs with photos Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2009, 05:14:03 PM »

Yup, safely arrived Pete. We'll get them sorted this evening.
Checked the local paper today. The Basingstoke Gazette. Not a single photo of us lot in there of course.
They confirm visitor attendance as "more than 20,000 people". The organisers are quoted as saying "we had to stop accepting applications to exhibit at 1,257 because we were just overwhelmed with the response".
The Gazette's photos can be viewed & bought at www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/photosales

tazet
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2009, 10:52:15 PM »

Em and Chrissie's photos are now added to the Basingstoke page. Thanks gals  Kiss
twolanes

PRO ET/571

« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »

great pics.
NeilG

« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2009, 08:17:51 PM »

Hi guy's,we've got some balloons if you want some,spent most of the day on your stand  Grin
Mind you didn't get offered any jaffa cakes,thats how you win  Kiss

See you soon xx
65nova

« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2009, 09:34:26 PM »

photos are on their way Andy Smiley  or can be viewed here if anyone cant wait Smiley write up to follow this weekend Grin

http://community.webshots.com/album/572096919EyXSIJ?vhost=community
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: