May 14, 2024, 09:36:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Horrifying Thought  (Read 2032 times)
reliantman

« on: July 21, 2008, 07:56:34 PM »

We were just watching an Old Top Gear prog on cable, and Jeremy Clarkeson was testing some new ( at the time) Porche.
He said it was so stripped down and light weight that he should be naked as well.

We are now going to sue the tv company for the therapy my daughter (and Mrs) is going to need at the thought of fatty in just a thong.
tazet
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 06:12:46 AM »

Grin We saw that one too.
reliantman

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »

For years I have disliked him because of his comments about bikers. I have only been watching top gear because we got a tv box and there are not many channels on it.
It is quite funny to watch them buy a car, turn it into a limo, then trash it.
I still think he is a self-centered git, and the thought of him in a thong, like those ones the sumo wrestlers wore on Ninja Warrior, is quite disturbing.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:16:58 PM by reliantman » Logged
texon

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:39:43 PM »

without him it would be borring  Wink
reliantman

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »

He does seem to come out on top all the time.
tbone

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 04:59:30 AM »

i used to think he was a prat, but watched a few top gears lately n i have to admit he makes me laugh

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »

imo top gear is about the 3 of them like occ really i just tend to look at the general banter that they all have, i find top gear a right laugh some times, occ has well run its course in my mind only my opinion mind you

More metal than skin
tbone

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 02:39:10 PM »

You seen 1 occ you seen them all, old fella yells, young one sulks, dumb one gets dumber, old fella storms out, another kit bike rolls off the production line, everyone smiles, the end.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »

Taz & I were out for a drive yesterday evening & stopped off for a pub meal. On the way we passed Dunsfold aerodrome -the track they film Top Gear at. It's on the Surrey/Sussex border. Taz actually won a trip to a recording of the show last year. I'm sure she'll tell you more when she logs in, but it was a raffle prize at one of the horse events she competed at.
I read recently that Hammond & May have threatened to quit the show cos they get paid a fraction of Clarkson's wages. Not sure he's the anchor of the show, (yes, I said "anchor"). I think they're all equally entertaining & work best on their joint ventures -the big "adventure" sequences, like driving to the North Pole, across the channel & across Africa etc. It's become less of a car review show & more of a buddy movie -& I prefer it that way. I often wonder how many of their mishaps & ad lib remarks are scripted, but it's still funny. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 06:26:42 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tazet
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 05:14:31 PM »

Not much to really say about it. Yes some of it is scripted but some of it they make up as they go along. Most things are done in one take each bit and all the things you don't see in the studio well nor does the studio audience. We see all the stuff they do inside but not the outside things. When I went the star in a reasonably priced car was supposed to be Simon Cowel but he couldn't make that date so they filmed it in an earlier filming. I did see the Stig while waiting in the car park. The first time with no helmet on, (hardly anyoune else was there), the secont time he had his helmet on as the car park was full by that point. Didn't recognise him as anyone famous and probably wouldn'r know who he was if I bumped into him in the street. That's about it really. It was a laugh and good to see it all but I wouldn' rush back and fork out a fortune on a ticket or join the 2-3 year waiting list. Once was enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: