May 09, 2024, 05:59:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: My gs trike build  (Read 30678 times)
mouse

« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »

don't talk to me about the dvla, just had to cancel my insurance on trike because I haven't been able to get an inspection within the 30 day's the insurance give you to get a reg number  Sad Sad Sad
sorry to hear that m8 it razzes ya right off dont it  Angry Angry

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
Cabman77

« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »

very neat idea for the box I like it

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2010, 08:04:23 PM »

don't talk to me about the dvla, just had to cancel my insurance on trike because I haven't been able to get an inspection within the 30 day's the insurance give you to get a reg number  Sad Sad Sad
sorry to hear that m8 it razzes ya right off dont it  Angry Angry

wow, seems i was lucky with dvla. sent logbook in for change of wheelplan, week later they asked me to take trike for their inspection, that was a month ago though, now had mot and going to tax it tomorrow. was told originaly that i wouldnt get logbook back til i tax it... fingers crossed they do what they told me.

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
mouse

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »

Angry Angry Angry Angry after dvla swansea p***** me about for 4 month requesting all sorts of paper work which i set all recorded mail
yesterday morning (Monday) all the paper work i had sent including the log book were returned to me  still registerd as a bike Angry Angry Angry Angry
i called them spoke to the person who was dealing with it all he
said " you need to contact your local office to sort the trike reg out we no longer do it here "
4 month ago i went o to my not so local office and was told to send all the paper work to dvla swansea
I'm fuming right now and have lost all interest in my trike  Angry

tazet
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:04 AM »

Don't loose interest mousey boy it's not your trikes fault  Cry . It's the idiots who cant communicate to each other. Phone your not so local office and tell them what you have just said here about the dvla not doing it any more. Things may have changed in the 4 months and it's sods law you just go cought up in the middle. Just remember to try and stay calm though I know it's hard.
Keep with it  Grin
mouse

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »

hugs fanks tazet
it dont half get ya down i tell ya

tbone

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2010, 06:27:33 PM »

Chin up Mick, don`t let the........, well you know.
You`ve come too far now to be put off by all this red tape stuff, sometimes i think they make it deliberatly hard just to put builders off, so stick at it, and stick two fingers up at them by getting her on the road.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
terry t

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2010, 06:36:07 PM »

Hi mouse. when i done mine i went to my local dvla and asked them what i need to do. they said get a weight certificate mot as a trike get insurance fill out a change of taxation class for a trike. bring the papper work back pay for road tax they will make appointment for you to take it to the inspector who will check it over.rubber stamp it you will get the tax disc in the post and a new v5c for swansea at a later date
mouse

« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2010, 08:09:34 AM »

Hi mouse. when i done mine i went to my local dvla and asked them what i need to do. they said get a weight certificate mot as a trike get insurance fill out a change of taxation class for a trike. bring the papper work back pay for road tax they will make appointment for you to take it to the inspector who will check it over.rubber stamp it you will get the tax disc in the post and a new v5c for swansea at a later date
hi terry
Thats what i used to do m8 tried that this time and they changed the rules now they tell me thats what i got to do  Angry
go figure cos i cant like tbone said they seem to do it just to mess people round and to put builders off

terry t

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2010, 11:40:20 AM »

hi mouse i have just taken this from the direct gov web site print it of and take to them and ask to speak to a superviser. terry

Changing your vehicle details on your registration certificate You’ll need to update your registration certificate (V5C) if you make any changes to your vehicle or if any of the details shown on your registration certificate are incorrect. The amount of vehicle tax you pay may be affected and you will need to produce documentary evidence of the changes.
Changes you need to update
You’ll need to tell the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) about the following changes to your vehicle:

colour
engine
cylinder capacity
fuel type (propulsion)
replacing or modifying the chassis/monocoque bodyshell
seating capacity
weight of a goods vehicle
Change to engine and cylinder capacity (engine size)

DVLA will need written evidence of any changes to engine number and cylinder capacity (cc). Written evidence can be:

a receipt for the replacement engine
written evidence from the manufacturer
an inspection report provided for insurance purposes
written confirmation on headed paper from a garage if the change in engine size took place before you bought the vehicle
Change to fuel type

DVLA will need written confirmation of changes to fuel type for vehicles registered after 1 March 2001 if:

your existing engine is converted, the confirmation must be on headed paper from the garage that carried out the work
a new engine is fitted, the receipt will be required as confirmation
Change to the number of seats on a bus

A change to the number of seats including the driver's seat may affect the amount of vehicle tax you pay.

Change to the revenue weight for larger vehicles

For changes to the revenue weight you’ll need to produce a plating certificate or design weight certificate.

Change of taxation class to disabled

You’ll need to produce the appropriate exemption certificate if you change the tax class of your vehicle to disabled.
Taxing your vehicle in the disabled tax class Other changes
Your vehicle may need to be inspected by a DVLA local office.

You must contact your nearest DVLA local office if you change:

wheel plan
body type
vehicle identification number (VIN)
chassis number
frame number for motorcycles
How to tell DVLA about the changes
Using your registration certificate you’ll need to:

notify any changes or corrections by completing section seven
sign and date the declaration box
For changes not listed in section seven you'll need to underline the vehicle details in section four, writing the new information next to them. You must also produce documentary evidence with a covering letter explaining the changes.

If the changes don’t affect your vehicle tax, then send the registration certificate and any additional documentation to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BA.

If the changes affect the amount of vehicle tax you pay, you’ll need to apply to your nearest DVLA local office to:

apply for an exchange licence if your tax disc shows the old details
retax your vehicle if the vehicle tax has expired
In both cases, you’ll need to include the registration certificate and any additional documentation with your application.

How to exchange a tax disc How to retax your vehicle When to expect your registration certificate
DVLA will aim to deliver a registration certificate to you within two to four weeks of receiving your application. However, please allow up to four weeks before contacting DVLA.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:52:17 PM by terry t » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: