May 20, 2024, 12:06:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: tony b,s trike build  (Read 35379 times)
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »

woooo, dont cut it up, just modify it. you cant have too many gussets Wink Smiley
you should have a nice little trike when its done Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
cunningplan

« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »

I have got to say, I have looked and looked and can't see any problem with the frame as it is, the two down tubes are less than 6 inchs behind the main tube and give just as much support than if it was closer, maybe a couple of small gussets at the top will help a little and I mean a little. Look at the head stock, its not going anywhere and given the weight of the engine and box, I would be happy to leave it as it is and not even worry about it.

Tony
tony b

« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2009, 11:14:42 PM »

i also thought that the suport tubes are close enough to stop any bending of the frame ,i think ill add a couple of nice thick gussets to them to give it a bit more strength,if it goes tits up ,then ill do it the other way on my next build,

it wasnt me ,you cant prove it;
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »

i also thought that the suport tubes are close enough to stop any bending of the frame ,i think ill add a couple of nice thick gussets to them to give it a bit more strength,if it goes tits up ,then ill do it the other way on my next build,
after all its your ass

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
tony b

« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2009, 04:35:06 PM »

yes it is my ass,and ill keep it to myself thanks,,,,,,,,,,shabba

tony b

« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2009, 08:41:11 AM »

aint even opened me garage door for two weeks ,too bloody cold ,so done nowt else to me trike ,ill let ya know when i have .

tony b

« Reply #201 on: January 01, 2010, 11:42:58 AM »

any body any idea what my trike is worth as it is now.

DIZZY

Ride it like you want it

« Reply #202 on: January 01, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »

just reading these threads is so helpful even though i havent started building mine yet and wot a great idea, puttin your ideas and remedies over with photos that youve altered just brilliant!! a great way of helping out peoples problems well done very interesting.

Dizzy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2010, 03:59:43 PM »

Mr B, I hope you're not thinking of selling after you've got this far?!
It's easy to assume everyone knows everything, but if you've never built anything before, it's tough to know where to start, or who to ask for help. We don't pretend to be experts, but there's a lot of info available here. All ya gotta do is ask.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 04:03:41 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2010, 05:57:06 PM »

Mr B, I hope you're not thinking of selling after you've got this far?!
It's easy to assume everyone knows everything, but if you've never built anything before, it's tough to know where to start, or who to ask for help. We don't pretend to be experts, but there's a lot of info available here. All ya gotta do is ask.  Wink

Gorra agree with Andy here m8, i know naff all at best i know bits and pieces but ive got to understand more by all the peeps input on these forums and pd some to do work i cant do, so maybe my build is taking longer? but its a dream that id like to see finished before medical s**t is gonna take over Smiley so plz dont give up  Kiss

More metal than skin
hornet6

« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2010, 08:02:38 PM »

Hi tony....you know me off facebook yeah.Ive just read this thread from start to finish and i cant believe your thinking of chucking in the towell mate.Its looking good and as it should be.My own projects a real long termer,and i have,nt done hardly anything to mine all this year,yet you have made your first one,cut it up,and made a second one.Dont give up mate....try n set targets and deadlines and maybe this will spur you on a bit. 

no projects ever finished
tony b

« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »

its just that ive reached a point were im strugling to do any more on it,i need help with the lectrics coz me mate is busy doin another one ,all i have to do to get it to MSVA standard is
front brakes
side marker lights
rear brake switch
change foot control rods
and i need to find a speedo for it,all in all about a weeks worth of work,i sometimes get bored with stuff coz ive done the hard part,ive enough parts to start to build another to the point where im at now ,ive got ideas for different back end ,so want to start that build also but dont have the space for two,i also want to get me kwak 900r on the road and dont have the money for both.i also want to strip my gpz 550 h1 down and redo that ,to many jobs and not enough time

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »

Worth spending out if you have to, to get the bits done that you're struggling with, as it'll sell for a lot more as a finished article with MSVA!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
bitzman5

« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2010, 09:04:23 PM »

the speedo one is easy and cheap a pedal bike 1 from our friends at Halfords hard wire to front wheel read instruction on radius of wheel enter into speedo job done very accurate if programed right hope this helps

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
tony b

« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2010, 10:50:39 AM »

just had some good news ,another mate of mine said he can help me finnish me trike .ill be takin it round his in the next few days ,he can only do an hour or two per day but its more than i can do at the moment as its bloody freezin in me garage.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: