May 20, 2024, 03:31:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CX speedo  (Read 1391 times)
markju

« on: October 25, 2014, 10:37:14 PM »

It's a bit of a golden oldie of a trike, CX 500 but I love it. With the exception of the half arsed fairing look, sort of a poor attempt at a sports  bike look.
Seriously thinking of ditching the small fairing and low bars and going for some handlebars from a custom model CX. Fit a 7" bowl type headlight.
I'd also lose the speedo/ tach and possibly just go for a set up from the custom model if I can locate a decent set.
Alternatively, and this is finally getting to the point, does anyone know what speedo off of another model I could use?  Not worried about installing a tach but suppose a temp gauge would be handy.

Does this make sense. Sort of a weekend (fingers crossed) makeover.
hornet6

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 12:17:43 PM »

Hi. When I bought my suzuki gs500....which was a bit of a wreck, the speedo and tacho was both smashed in and beyond repair. I took them off and made a simple bracket to hold a small speedo, which I bought of ebay for about £65. The speedo has built in idiot lights for oil,neutral,high beam and indicators. The back light on the face is a nice blue colour as well.

no projects ever finished
markju

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »

I like that. Looks real smart
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 08:36:24 PM »

I'd seriously suggest if you can afford some custom bars that are really wide as well as higher, it makes a helluva lot of difference to the handling of a bike trike.  Admittedly I had extended yokes fitted as well, those were the days, when I was working and could afford stuff like that!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: