May 10, 2024, 11:28:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: potterin  (Read 8636 times)
tbone

« on: November 04, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »

My reliant has had to find a new home.........in the corner of the garden, to make room in the workshop shed for the bitch. I`d hoped to have the reliant done by the start of this month and then get the kawasaki in for a spruce up, my lack of interest/motivation, call it what you will, has meant the reliant remains 90% complete and will remain that way now, until the kwak is done.
2 days work and she now looks like this.....
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:48:39 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
tbone

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 05:17:37 PM »

The mudguards were held by 6 bolts per side, screwed directly into the struts. 11 of the 12 were siezed and had to be drilled out!.
I have now drilled through the struts and the guards will now be secured with bolts going through the struts and capped with domed nuts.

tbone

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 05:20:26 PM »

The rear framework has been wiped over and given a fresh coat of paint, a second coat still needs to go on.
I`ve made a start on sanding down the mudguards, and when fully prepped they will have a new colour scheme applied.

tbone

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:23:27 PM »

And my new fuel tank (that spent weeks sat in customs) has been sanded and primed, still got a dent to sort out but its getting there.
I`d half planned on getting the paintwork done `professionaly`, but after several changes of plan, i will be going with a satin black finish (and a nice scrolling design in white....maybe) so i should be able to cobble this up myself with a couple of rattle cans  Wink
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:29:15 PM by tbone » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »

Coo, you've been busy Tim.
My own trike's very nearly finished, but been that way for over a year. Seriously considered selling it, but I know it'll be a lot of fun to ride once it's done & I'd hate to see someone else finish it differently than I'd planned. Now it's been temporarily side-lined in favour of my truck project, as that one has a time limit on it due to the looming change in commercial vehicle SVA regulations.
Sometimes you just need a break, or a change of direction for a while, to renew your enthusiasm Tim.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tbone

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »

The kwak is nearly 10 years old now and looking a little tired, i`d put off doing anything about it for a couple of years because that meant she`d be off the road and i`d rather have her on then road and useable.
Having said that though, the only run she has had this year was to the MOT station (she passed), six months ago. The tax is now out and she is SORN until done, not that much needs doing, just a spruce up. My headache at the moment is with the seats, while i`m capable of covering them, i may farm this job out to an upholsterer.
I really can`t get to grips with the reliant, and i don`t know why. i only need to make some headlight mounts, knock up the rear brakes and do a final prep on the frame, maybe i`ll get some enthusiasm for christmas  Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 06:16:14 PM »

Aye, a big box of gift-wrapped enthusiasm & a tub of mojo for Mr T then.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 11:39:39 PM »

If you want to have a go at pin striping yourself I just happen to have a tool to do this that you are welcome to borrow ( well its a full kit but you get the idea lol).....Voodoo.....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
tbone

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »

Hiya Mr Doo, thats a kind offer. I`m still not sure what, if any, artwork will be done but i`ll let you know if i need to borrow your tool! ooh er mrs  Grin

merv

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »

your a bit tight for space in there tbone,looks like you need an extension

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
tbone

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 10:19:26 PM »

I think thats the problem most shed builders face, always outgrowing the available space.
It does however make you appretiate all the more, the skills that some guys have in building stunning machines in such small places all over the country, and makes you wonder whats hidden behind every shed dooe you see!  Wink

voodoo

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 10:57:48 PM »

Ah see I planned ahead... not only have I got my not bad sized workshop but ive also got my spray shop attatched and if I need to expand again I will just join another 8x12 shed to my sprayshop and cut out a rear door to connect the 2...oh that and my parts shed at the bottom of the garden....at this rate I will end up with all workshop and no garden lol....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
tbone

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 03:17:19 PM »

Bought some new lights to go back on the mudguards after they are painted.
The old ones still worked but have gone a bit rusty, these are shiney!

tbone

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 03:19:01 PM »

On further examination though, I`m sure that I can`t fit them........... Grin

tbone

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »

Its really a little cold to be painting in the shed workshop, but i have now second coated the rear frame rails, put some colour (black) and the first coat of clear on the fuel tank and one mudguard. They will now need to harden off before i flatten them back, i managed a nice run of clear on the guard  Angry but other than that, they look ok-ish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: