May 08, 2024, 08:51:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: suzuki gs500 rebuild....tart up  (Read 53184 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2013, 06:09:38 PM »

Does sound like a coil don't it.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
hornet6

« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2013, 10:36:32 PM »

Changed the coils a few weeks ago,and it was still the same. Good job they were only cheap....so now I have a spare pair if they should start to fry.
I ended up draining the tank again and removing it just to  have a good over-all look at the carbs. I didnt really want to take all the air filter box off and go for a complete strip down of the carbs....just a general poke around...see if anythings loose.
I removed the tops of the carbs to check the "o" rings were still in place,which they was. I then checked the diaphrams and that the needles were both adjusted to the same length,which they was. No pin holes in the diaphrams either and they both seemed fine. It turns out that the problem was with the choke slide on the carbs itself. The lefthand side was not shutting off completely when the choke was knocked off. Thats why,when it was getting to its normal running temperature,the left side was bogging down and running lumpy at low revs. I,ve ended up bending the slide bar slightly so that it pushes the choke shut. It runs much better now....just flutters a little at very low revs which I can put up with for now. I think thats down to running a bit rich,but I can sort that out when I take it off the road soon once the winter starts to take a real grip. Other than that, I have no real problems with it. It runs really quiet mechanically...but quite raspy with that stubby exhaust....I need somebody to take it a ride,just so that I can hear it for myself,if you know what I mean.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes           

no projects ever finished
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: