May 05, 2024, 01:43:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: brake master cylinder  (Read 2332 times)
klogan45

« on: November 29, 2006, 09:44:31 PM »

Hi Guys....
Knock knock
who's there?
Yeti
Yeti who?
yeti nother question..  GROAN Smiley Smiley
Seriously though I need a master cylinder to operate the rear brakes on the 535 trike. Will a mini clutch or brake master cylinder do the job?
Will I need to be able to balance the pressure to each of the wheels or will an ordinary tee junction be okay? Do I need a restrictor in the tee etc.
Thanks
Regards
keith

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:59:46 PM »

Hiya. What's the axle from? Reliant? Why not use the Reliant cylinder? The earlier Girling ones are cast ally & quite pretty. Mine's 5/8" bore & that runs all 3 brakes quite happily without the need for reducers or bias valves.
Merlin Motorsports sell them in a variety of bores, with or without integral reservoirs.
http://www.merlinmotorsport.com/index.php?cPath=1658&osCsid=0fc4116c6ce3d1ce3ddebba37b0256e1
A T piece should balance everything up anyway & you can fine tune the 2 brakes with the adjuster screws on the back of the drum backplate.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
klogan45

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 05:35:20 PM »

Thanks andy,  Yep its a reliant axle. I was going to use the mini master cylinder coz I've got one!!!!!
I think I'll go and see the bloke I got the axle from and see if he can sort a reliant one for me. I had a look at the web site...yes they are quite nice  Smiley But 2nd hand would be better!!!!!! coz they're cheaper.
Did you like your bananas and cake? Grin
Thanks again
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 05:36:52 PM »

Yuss, fank U!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: