May 07, 2024, 08:57:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Headstock set up  (Read 2160 times)
RODeo

« on: May 02, 2011, 06:53:50 AM »

More advice please.........
 I am using gsxr750 forks/yokes.The amount of stem thread protruding from the face of the top bearing allows me to fit the nut with the notched outer edge. Is a locknut required here as well,or seeing as the top yoke sits on this nut ,and there is another nut on top of the yoke,will this suffice to lock it with the yoke sandwiched between the two?The only way I can see round this is to cut the notched nut in half horizontally which will then give me 2 x thinner nuts to lock together.

Rod
Cabman77

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 08:02:03 AM »

some bikes have two some have one, I have even knbown them to have none (just relying on the top nut to tighten the bearings. Go with what you`ve got is my answer  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
RODeo

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »

ok thanks
terry t

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:15:11 AM »

like this one Rod
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUZUKI-GSXR-750-SRAD-BOTTOM-YOKE-FORKS-/190528784124?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c5c6686fc
RODeo

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 09:02:57 AM »

Thats more or less it!..........Now that one appears to have 2 notched nuts(ooer missus!)and a top nut. My top nut is a chromed cap nut. I also see it has some sort of a seal at the bottom which appears to be a sort of rubberised metal 'tray' design. Ive had a couple of sets of yokes from different bikes here when I was trying to choose which forks to use ,and I seem to remember now seeing one of those seals. I'll go look in me shed!

Thanks a lot
   Rod

update...have found the seals in the shed.Dunno whether I can make them fit.
 Another set back..while polishing the yokes,the bottom taper bearing spun off and fell apart..hey ho ..another visit to the local bike shop for a replacement!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:25:30 AM by RODeo » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: