May 06, 2024, 04:20:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555883 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8730 on: July 07, 2016, 11:06:35 PM »

After much nagging from just about everyone, I pulled the tarp' off the engine today. Everything's white & furry & covered in cobwebs, but not as bad as I'd expected. Unbolted the carb, ready to dunk it in Loony's ultrasonic cleaning tank. I'm reliably informed it can go straight in, with a mild cleaning solution, without needing to strip it down & remove seals & gaskets. That should get rid of any old fuel residue & free up any sticky floats & jets.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8731 on: July 07, 2016, 11:11:30 PM »

I need to find the tool I made for priming the oil before fitting the distributor.
Also need to temporarily fit the dashboard to connect up the ignition circuits, (all on multi pin plugs). So I spent some time this evening faffing about with yellow high build primer around the dash/windscreen area. Masked up with whatever cardboard & plastic bags I could find in the pick-up bed. I've got aerosol cans of the pale green so will flat the primer back & give it a couple of coats of green over the weekend.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8732 on: July 07, 2016, 11:13:31 PM »

Only a couple of weeks until Loon starts to move workshops, so I need to get this mobile if I can.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #8733 on: July 08, 2016, 04:50:56 AM »

Defo needs to be on the road dude Cool

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8734 on: July 10, 2016, 05:23:27 PM »

Had planned to spend my Sunday spraying the interior green, but my new daily driver had other ideas. My much loved Ford Fiesta died a couple of weeks ago so I picked up a 290 quid Fiat Punto to get about in for the time being. Lasted 2 days before it wouldn't start. Bugger.
So no progress today. Very frustrating cos I'm running out of time at Loony's workshop now.
Instead I spent the afternoon slapping a coat of white paint on the walls of my new rented lock-up garage. I always paint my garages, just to reflect a bit more light & generally tidy them up. Unfortunately I was dressed all in black, painting white walls, so looked like a domino by the time I'd finished.
The Pop's 13 1/2 feet long & the garage is 17. Just possible my motorcycle will fit in there as well, but I've also got a large wooden workbench, welder, tool cabinet etc. Loon & I share another garage on the same housing estate, so hopefully once he's got his new workshop I can take that one over & keep the rest in there.
No power supply but a mate's just sold me a little generator for 20 quid, which will run a drill or a grinder, (leant my last one to someone & never saw it again).
This will be the regular home for the Pop cos I can't keep it in the road outside the house I lodge in, (no room, no glass in the doors at the moment & it's just going to attract idiots). It's a 15 minute walk from home, or a 2 minute drive when I've fixed my Punto.

poprodder

« Reply #8735 on: July 10, 2016, 05:26:37 PM »

nice job on the painting andy, good luck with punto!!!!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8736 on: July 10, 2016, 05:29:20 PM »

Grin

kapri

« Reply #8737 on: July 10, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »

TDC sensor is the first port of call on Fiats.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8738 on: July 10, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »

Just bought a pair of coil packs so will try those first. It's a 20 year old runabout & bimbles along really nicely once it gets started, but not worth spending money on really.

stinkey

« Reply #8739 on: July 10, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »

Isn't that what you said about the fiesta ? Roll Eyes

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8740 on: July 10, 2016, 07:14:16 PM »

Yeah, but that was 1000 quid, not 100.

stinkey

« Reply #8741 on: July 10, 2016, 10:10:23 PM »

What's a zero between friends ?  The jaguar man said to me "it won't be much ? " Shocked

stinkey

« Reply #8742 on: July 10, 2016, 10:21:13 PM »

Had planned to spend my Sunday spraying the interior green, but my new daily driver had other ideas. My much loved Ford Fiesta died a couple of weeks ago so I picked up a 290 quid Fiat Punto to get about in for the time being. Lasted 2 days before it wouldn't start. Bugger.
So no progress today. Very frustrating cos I'm running out of time at Loony's workshop now.
Instead I spent the afternoon slapping a coat of white paint on the walls of my new rented lock-up garage. I always paint my garages, just to reflect a bit more light & generally tidy them up. Unfortunately I was dressed all in black, painting white walls, so looked like a domino by the time I'd finished.
The Pop's 13 1/2 feet long & the garage is 17. Just possible my motorcycle will fit in there as well, but I've also got a large wooden workbench, welder, tool cabinet etc. Loon & I share another garage on the same housing estate, so hopefully once he's got his new workshop I can take that one over & keep the rest in there.
No power supply but a mate's just sold me a little generator for 20 quid, which will run a drill or a grinder, (leant my last one to someone & never saw it again).
This will be the regular home for the Pop cos I can't keep it in the road outside the house I lodge in, (no room, no glass in the doors at the moment & it's just going to attract idiots). It's a 15 minute walk from home, or a 2 minute drive when I've fixed my Punto.
Andy can you not fix your bench on hinges so it can fold up on the wall giving you room ?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8743 on: July 11, 2016, 03:01:21 PM »

Not really with the bench I've got -it was my Dad's & has 2 large cupboards with a heavy top across them, like a desk, but that'd be a good idea for a replacement.
No transport & heavy rain here means nothing's going to get done for a few days by the look of it. Once the Pop's in the lock-up, it'll be within walking distance of home & in the dry, as well as being locked away out of sight, rather than under a tarpaulin -but I won't have the facilities to do much more than nuts n bolts stuff to it. Oddly the new garage is directly opposite the one I used to rent, where I stored the Pop when I first bought it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:18:09 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8744 on: July 12, 2016, 09:20:24 PM »

Mr Flap & I discussing roofchops, back in 2007! We were deciding what kind of hat you could wear in a top chopped Pop.
That's my new rented garage behind us.

Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: