May 06, 2024, 02:44:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555814 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #8400 on: September 26, 2015, 10:41:39 PM »

See what you mean about needing those specs in your line of work Mr. M, mislaid them again I see..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, just kiddin', honest!!...I'm leaving..right now...gone!! Roll Eyes

Beware the Ides of March, But!
spanners

« Reply #8401 on: September 27, 2015, 07:23:15 PM »

Just take life as it comes..my missus and I tend to wing it as much as poss..if we make plans we don't fret if they go wrong ( as if ? Roll Eyes) in my life iv lost about 50 friends/family..so death doesn't surprise me..one way or another we all seem to make it through..and my passion for hotrods n chops is what's often got me through the sad days..who gives a s**t if you've got a pension or paid for your house or rent..enjoy those days when you can work on your motor..so many don't even have that fire in their belly..us lot on here are so dam lucky and clever.. Wink

you wont believe how much reading some of the above words help ,,,,

just need a good woman by my side and i,ll be up n, runnin again

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8402 on: October 09, 2015, 06:00:28 PM »

Still plodding on.
Roof sprayed in a quick guide coat of black aerosol, just to show the low spots that need filling & to protect it from the damp.
Interior metalwork on the passenger side filled, rubbed down & primed to a finish I'm happy with. Got to turn it round so I can access the other side soon.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8403 on: October 09, 2015, 06:05:29 PM »

New sill/kick panel made to replace the previous one. We couldn't fold a sharp 90 degree bend long enough, so it ended up as a shallow curve. That meant the lower mounting bolt holes were in the curve & just looked messy. The new panel was folded by my mate Bernie of Project Fabrications in Newbury, Berks for nuffink. I've welded closing pieces on either end. The new panel also tucks behind the door pillars at either end to help fill the gaps. Eventually I'll mastic all the joints to make everything fully watertight. It extends 10mm above the floor level to hide the edge of the rubber flooring & will also help keep the rubber in place. This'll be sprayed in textured black bed liner spray.
I recently pulled the rear corner of the cab out to  properly follow the profile of the door, so now I've pulled the door step out to meet it & boxed in the underside too. Hopefully, when the body comes off the chassis next Winter for a proper paint job & chassis paint, it'll all stay fairly rigid now.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:26:10 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8404 on: October 09, 2015, 06:19:06 PM »

The rear corners of the cab were formed from a pair of classic Mini front wings stood on end, (imagine the headlights at the bottom). They've never been properly finished off at the bottom edge & also used to create a buzzing vibration at motorway speeds as they rubbed against the inner framework.
So I've bent a length of 8mm round bar to form a lip around the edge, which stiffens the panel up. With a little filler it should match the rolled edge around the bottom of the front wing.
The bottom of the pick-up bed hangs unsupported from the chassis & was flapping around a bit, (we decided to extend it a while ago to cover the suspension & exhaust behind it & to make it flow into the cab a little better). So I've spent the afternoon laying under the Pop, welding flat straps behind the panel to stiffen it. I may eventually add bolt-on braces back to the chassis.
Everything needs a skim of filler now to smarten it up.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:28:15 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8405 on: October 09, 2015, 06:23:32 PM »

The air cleaner's been rolling around in the back of my daily driver for months, so I plonked the base on the carb, just to get it out of the way. I'd forgotten how much it bulks out the top of the engine. While laying under the back end, I spotted one of the rubber fuel hoses has started to perish & crack, just while it's been stood up. Another job to do.
I'm on holiday at the moment, so hoping to push on & get the damn thing running soon.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:30:53 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Baychimp

« Reply #8406 on: October 09, 2015, 06:28:42 PM »

Thats neatened it up a treat. Just the other side to do now.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8407 on: October 09, 2015, 07:36:31 PM »

You've been busy Manky!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
kapri

« Reply #8408 on: October 09, 2015, 08:12:16 PM »

What dates the ferry ?
No Sound

« Reply #8409 on: October 09, 2015, 09:11:11 PM »

Nice car and nice mods, looking good. Andy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8410 on: October 09, 2015, 10:11:25 PM »

Not quite in your league Andy.
Kev, the Rockin' Jalopy show's on the 21st & 22nd of November!

Olds

« Reply #8411 on: October 10, 2015, 08:04:40 AM »

Kev, the Rockin' Jalopy show's on the 21st & 22nd of November!
Shocked Six weeks.
Perhaps it's time to see if that new engine runs ok. Maybe a new fuel line first though.  Smiley

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8412 on: October 10, 2015, 08:49:25 AM »

One of today's jobs.
If it's not ready in time I'll go to Plan B -rent a van & take my motorcycle instead ...which I'm also trying to get ready.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8413 on: October 10, 2015, 06:32:36 PM »

Fuel pipe replaced, chassis painted with Kurust while I was under there, then some filler added to the cab corner. I've also done a few little jobs for the bike.
I keep telling myself I'm making progress, but sometimes I'm not so sure.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #8414 on: October 10, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »

Well Andy your building two projects ? It's never easy that way..why not take stock and decide which one you want done first ? Concentrate on that first ? Get it on the road and that will give you a buzz ? In all honesty. The bike won't get used till spring anyway ?..we're all behind you.. Cool

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: