May 06, 2024, 08:50:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1556009 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7695 on: September 30, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »

Bobbie your making my mouth water.
I haven't had one of them in a long time.

Sainsburys do excellent ones!  In a pack of five so we have to eat two each - and Mike gets the extra one next day - 20 secs in the microwave and it's lovely again!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7696 on: September 30, 2014, 07:49:05 PM »

Grin

No Chris, not yet. Just doing the bulkhead & surrounding panels while the engine's out. I slapped some filler on the roof just cos I was curious to see how much it'd take to smooth it out -actually, not as much as I'd thought. If we get time, we'll paint the roof before we go to Holland in November, but obviously getting the engine back in's a tad more important. It's a work in progress, so the rest of the body will get done over the Winter/Spring.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
panthershaun

« Reply #7697 on: October 01, 2014, 11:04:20 AM »

good luck bud, wish I was coming with you fella's again  Sad Angry Cry

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7698 on: October 01, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »

It'll be a wild weekend of carousing, dancing & supping Champagne from lady's clogs. We'll miss you, obviously, but will just have to muddle through without you somehow. Next year mate.  Wink

Olds

« Reply #7699 on: October 01, 2014, 08:38:39 PM »

dancing & supping Champagne from lady's clogs.
As long as they're not Lunatic's clogs.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:05:02 AM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
panthershaun

« Reply #7700 on: October 02, 2014, 10:31:15 AM »

clog's are cool  Grin plan to have the Pop done for next year.... don't fancy the Antwerp ring road in the rain in an open topped car  Undecided the woose that I am  Tongue

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7701 on: October 04, 2014, 01:19:56 PM »

Wasn't much fun in the Pop last year -I've added a power socket to the dashboard specifically so we can use a SatNav on the trip this year.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7702 on: October 09, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »

Been rained off again today.
I'm working on the Pop outside & have decided to sort the bodywork out just as the long hot Summer gives way to the long wet Winter. We've had torrential rain all day here while I've been trudging the streets delivering the Mail & when I arrived at Mr Loon's workshop the howling winds had pulled the plastic cover off & it was flapping wildly about. A workmate has given me a large plastic tarpaulin, so I spent half an hour wrestling with it in the wind & rain, strapping it down as best I could. So I've given up for the day. I can hear the rumble of thunder outside now, so I'm guessing the rest of the week will probably be more of the same. I can see the Pop staying undercover till the Spring at this rate.  Angry

Olds

« Reply #7703 on: October 09, 2014, 05:58:28 PM »

Looks like this weather is set for at least the weekend. Sad But is can't last forever, just till May.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #7704 on: October 09, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »

Mr M, I admire yopur tenacity! I have, as you know, a largish, dry, and fairly well equiped workshop, but when the weather turns the way it is at the mo. I even feel diinclined to get out there!! so, Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided....Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7705 on: October 10, 2014, 07:49:16 PM »

Smiley Called in at the local hotrod shop this afternoon & was reminded that the Dutch show's only 4 or 5 weeks away. My enthusiasm's definitely been flagging recently, but Miles, the shop owner's very good at motivating people, (I guess it's good for his business), so fingers crossed I can get the bulkhead sorted over the weekend/early next week & get the damn engine in.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7706 on: October 16, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »

Hurrah! Finally I might be getting somewhere.
After several weeks of odd hours snatched here & there between the rain, I've managed to more or less sort out the bulkhead. It wasn't particularly wobbly, but it's a pretty complicated shape with lots of nooks & crannies. The objective was just to seal all the joints between the various sections to stop the influx of rain water under the dash that we had last year -but while the engine's out it makes sense to smooth out the bulkhead as much as we can & paint it. Once the engine's back in we won't be able to & I don't plan to strip the whole truck down for final paint for at least a year now.
So I've filled, rubbed down & re-filled the thing until my fingers bled & this evening managed to blow a quick coat of grey etch primer over most of it. I thought I'd made a pretty good job of the filling, but the primer quickly showed otherwise. Mr Loon assures me that's normal though & a rub over with finer emery paper, followed by a coat of high build primer should fix the imperfections. It'll probably still be a little wobbly, but at least it'll be smoothly wobbly -most of it won't show when the engine's in anyway & will be properly sorted when Loon has it back for final paint.
As long as we only take it out at dusk, it'll look fine.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7707 on: October 16, 2014, 08:21:44 PM »

The chassis looks rusty, but it's actually the anti rust treatment I painted on it that makes it look that way! I'll brush paint it with etch primer & gloss black chassis paint.
Still got to hook up the brakes & bleed them, fit the engine & get it running, fit the grille shell & the new oil cooler inside it, pray the electrics work, MOT it, tax it &, &, &  ...4 weeks today we need to be driving it onto the ferry to Holland!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:24:57 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

poprodder

« Reply #7708 on: October 16, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »

hooray, so glad your getting somewhere now andy.

merv

« Reply #7709 on: October 16, 2014, 09:17:48 PM »

At least its moving in the right direction

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: