May 06, 2024, 05:24:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555902 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7170 on: March 07, 2014, 08:00:25 PM »

Have you got contact details for him Kev? I need it made in the next 2 weeks. I can give him the old tank as a pattern & the cradle it sits in under the chassis. I've got a new filler neck & the 10mm steel fuel pipe, so just need a 100% fuel tight box. It's a cut down Reliant tank, so about 4 gallons.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7171 on: March 07, 2014, 08:31:18 PM »

Look at what you could've won.

Green 1953 Ford Pop pick-up.
No, not mine. Another for sale on Ebay at the moment. Current bid, £3,500

Ebay Pop

kapri

« Reply #7172 on: March 07, 2014, 08:56:13 PM »

Have you got contact details for him Kev? I need it made in the next 2 weeks. I can give him the old tank as a pattern & the cradle it sits in under the chassis. I've got a new filler neck & the 10mm steel fuel pipe, so just need a 100% fuel tight box. It's a cut down Reliant tank, so about 4 gallons.

Best thing is to mark up the critical areas that can't be any bigger and drop it down to him as it'll obviously be folded plate. He's about 10 minutes away from my place and will quote when he sees it. IG Welding in Paulsgrove.
kapri

« Reply #7173 on: March 07, 2014, 09:21:02 PM »

Just thought, or get it down to me tomorrow and I can drop it round there on Monday for you ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7174 on: March 07, 2014, 09:48:49 PM »

That sounds like a plan Kev. I'm working till 2.30pm ish. Get changed, over to the workshop, disconnect the fuel hose & undo the 4 bolts that hold the cradle to the chassis. Find a way of sealing it so my Fiesta doesn't reek of petrol for the next month, then drive it down to you. Late afternoon?
Can you email me directions from Basingstoke to your place please cos Google Maps lied to me last time.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7175 on: March 08, 2014, 10:28:21 PM »

A nice Spring like day today for a change. Still lots of flood water running off the fields & through the workshop yard though. So unbolting the Reliant fuel tank from the chassis meant laying on a piece of cardboard in a puddle. Fortunately Mr Olds made the mistake of dropping by -you've really got to learn to say no when I hand you a spanner Dave! Some muppet welded the pick-up floor in place after the tank was fitted, making removing the bolts a bit of a pain. Dave just happened to have slim enough hands to reach them though. Thanks mate.  Smiley
So I nipped down to Waterlooville to see Mr Kapri & left the tank & it's mounting cradle with him. Nice to see you Kev & talk projects in the shed for a while. Really looking forward to seeing your trike come together!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:44:27 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Olds

« Reply #7176 on: March 08, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »

Humpfh. When water is flowing like that, it not a puddle it's a soddin river. Think I might stay away, at least until it dries up. Wink
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:26:25 AM by Old Newbie » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7177 on: March 08, 2014, 10:49:23 PM »

But I've just ordered the wiring connectors for the new switches!  Grin

spanners

« Reply #7178 on: March 08, 2014, 11:00:23 PM »

Humpfh. When water is flowing like that, it not a puddle it's a soddin river. Think I might stay away until at least until it dries up. Wink

it will never dry up

because england is overloaded and sinking ,, Shocked Shocked

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7179 on: March 10, 2014, 09:17:57 PM »

Again, not much to show at the moment, but lots of running about parts gathering & delivering.
Another batch of bits taken to the powder coaters. Should have more by the end of the week. More bits to collect from Phil the upholsterer too. I've only got about 3 weeks to get it all back together & MOT'd, but I'm still taking bits off when I should be putting them back on by now!
Picked up the rear wheels from the coaters yesterday. These are replacements for the ones we were running last year after several people reported one of them appeared to be slightly buckled. They're the same type, 1970s London Taxi cab wheels, which are the same bolt pattern as the Sherpa van axle. We added dust caps, to match the front wheels. Couldn't find any of the right size so I bought the biggest I could get & we tack welded them in place. Great. One small problem -that meant I couldn't get them balanced when I had the tyres refitted. Bugger. So they'll either run fine with no problems, or they'll vibrate like mad & shake the truck apart, in which case we'll have to grind the welds off & make them removable. Nothing like forward planning.  Tongue
I also made a start on trimming the new dashboard to fit. Kindly donated by NeilG, it's an original Bakelite Pop dash, instead of the fibreglass copy we used last year, (that one's ear-marked for our next project). It's much thicker than the 'glass one though, meaning I had to cut off the mounting tabs in the cab & will have to make new ones. Bakelite dust ain't good for you, so yes, I did cut it outdoors.

scannerzer

« Reply #7180 on: March 10, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »

some peugeot 306 wheels didn't have a removable centre and their was an adaptor to fit there on a balancer so try round you local tyre depot's and see if anyone has it
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7181 on: March 10, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »

That's handy. Thanks.

phunkie hiboy

« Reply #7182 on: March 10, 2014, 11:19:13 PM »

Had some tyres fitted to Sues Citroen Pluriel today and her alloys have no centre. Had them done at Merityre in Hook village. They're four stud, but it might be worth asking the question if their adaptor does five stud as well.

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7183 on: March 10, 2014, 11:26:08 PM »

I've still got the wheels in the back of my daily commuter, so will give them a try in the next couple of days. Thanks.

kapri

« Reply #7184 on: March 11, 2014, 09:33:02 AM »

Do you have your daily insured as one and a half cars ?  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: