May 06, 2024, 09:55:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1556052 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6780 on: September 15, 2013, 01:50:49 PM »

Police car wasn't for me -it was racing to an accident that we had to skirt around further up the road. At least, being fully legitimately registered, I don't have to worry about patrol cars.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6781 on: September 15, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »

Nice to see Doc, (Twisted Patience), at the track. Haven't seen him since last year. He took the Pop for a quick spin around the pits -one of a long list of people I owe a ride to.

Loony & Doc.

Doc at the wheel.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6782 on: September 15, 2013, 01:55:58 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6783 on: September 15, 2013, 01:58:06 PM »

On tow car duty.
I wanted to go for a mooch about around the site, so big brother Brock commandeered the keys & the Pop was pressed into service as the tow car for Daryl's "Chemical Reaction" slingshot dragster. He complained it got more attention than his race car.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:26:15 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6784 on: September 15, 2013, 02:00:01 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6785 on: September 15, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »

Heading for the far end of the track to collect the dragster again. Brock driving, Lesley, (Black Pig), passenger & Edd of the Wild Bunch with the tow rope in the back.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6786 on: September 15, 2013, 02:03:42 PM »

Lesley in the pick-up bed.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6787 on: September 15, 2013, 02:18:33 PM »

Heading to the fire-up lane for the "Cacklefest" as the light began to fade.
Photos of the racing in the Events section later.
The Pop ran well & coped with towing with no problems, with the rope looped around the fuel tank framework under the bed. Only fault was a nick in one of the gearbox oil cooler hoses, causing a slight weep of fluid. I wondered if it'd been snagged by the metal that'd fallen off the van in front of me on the way up, but looks like front suspension movement has rubbed the hose against a jubilee clip on the bottom radiator hose. It'll have to be changed & re-routed. Annoying & messy, but got to be done.
As the drags had fallen on my weekend off work, I was able to stay late for once, so didn't head for home till about 9.30. Hardly saw Loony & Chris during the day & they'd already left by the time I was ready to go. I checked the fuel by the light of a torch before I left. A bit low & not many fuel stations between here & Oxford. No problem said Brock, I've got 20 litres in a Jerry can. You can have a drop of that. It took the whole 20. Thank you very much, I'll be off now! A gentle drive home in the dark. The lights all worked fine & actually seemed brighter, maybe down to the new bulbs. After stopping again to top up the fuel in Berkshire, I got back to the workshop around 11.30pm. Sat & watched the deer in the fields by moonlight while I waited for the motor to cool down so I could cover it up.
Another good run. Overcast, but dry all day. 160 -180 miles today. Getting on for 3,000 miles on the clock now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:54:02 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

poprodder

« Reply #6788 on: September 15, 2013, 02:35:44 PM »

looks great andy, heard yesterday that manky had been on tow duty.

did you get a nice T?   Wink

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #6789 on: September 15, 2013, 02:53:34 PM »

Looks like you have to be registered to view that forum Ben. What did they say?
d'oh! it is in the members section. a guy is building an anglia pickup and this was posted
Quote from: Alcopop
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a504/alcopop53/9fc8da64fe627c6db3c33885f633e709_zpse9831491.jpg
Manky's Pop.

a different take....I like it Cool
then one question re vibration blowing headlamps from being on the gaurds. linked them here, if you dont mind

all that fun your having is makin me itch! wanna  go do summat on mine!

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6790 on: September 15, 2013, 03:03:33 PM »

Grin We is World famous!
That's me in the black MMMotors jacket & my bother Steve.
If you'd like to post a reply, the headlamps are mounted on tubular arms welded to the front corners of the chassis. They're tractor lamps & cost £10 each, (about 17 dollars according to Google). The smaller lamps in the aluminium housings, on top of the ali' mudguards are the indicators. Orange bulbs behind frosted glass lenses. No vibration problems yet with any of them.

Chris, I may have accidentally bought a fibreglass T bucket body from one of the Wild Bunch drag club guys!

poprodder

« Reply #6791 on: September 15, 2013, 03:17:22 PM »

nice one.

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #6792 on: September 15, 2013, 03:24:16 PM »

quoted you directly Andy.

at least Loony wont have to weld up a Fibre T!

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6793 on: September 15, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »

Grin We'd have to build a chassis for it.
I put a bid on one on Ebay last week, on the spur of the moment, but didn't get it. Then got chatting to one of my brother's mates at the races & he's got one, brand new, never fitted to anything, for 125 quid, which is less than the Ebay one went for. No money's changed hands yet & it's in Derbyshire, which is a good couple of hours drive away.
I don't need another project -perfectly happy with my Pop, but just fancied throwing something together very cheaply from the spares we've got, as a workshop beater. Something anyone can hop in & take when there's a show on somewhere, that wouldn't cost a fortune if it got broke. It'd have to pass BIVA registration though, so styling would depend on what will pass. I'm thinking something like this:

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/featuredvehicles/0904rc_1925_dodge_roadster/viewall.html

spanners

« Reply #6794 on: September 15, 2013, 03:52:12 PM »

Grin We'd have to build a chassis for it.
I put a bid on one on Ebay last week, on the spur of the moment, but didn't get it. Then got chatting to one of my brother's mates at the races & he's got one, brand new, never fitted to anything, for 125 quid, which is less than the Ebay one went for. No money's changed hands yet & it's in Derbyshire, which is a good couple of hours drive away.
I don't need another project -perfectly happy with my Pop, but just fancied throwing something together very cheaply from the spares we've got, as a workshop beater. Something anyone can hop in & take when there's a show on somewhere, that wouldn't cost a fortune if it got broke. It'd have to pass BIVA registration though, so styling would depend on what will pass. I'm thinking something like this:

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/featuredvehicles/0904rc_1925_dodge_roadster/viewall.html

got a reliant  4wheel 850 rolling chassis with v5 on its way  registered as reliant two seater sports,,,==== rebody  ?

ot use a scimy -tar  Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: