May 05, 2024, 11:56:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555668 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6765 on: September 08, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »

Another 60 or 70 miles today, spectating at the Shere hill climb, near Guildford in Surrey with Archie. Got caught in absolutely torrential rain on the way home, heavy enough for us to actually stop for a few minutes for it to pass over. Thankfully the Pop ran fine through it all, though the lack of side glass, tiny front mudguards & part welded roof seams meant it was like driving a mobile shower cubicle.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:29:34 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6766 on: September 10, 2013, 08:29:59 PM »

Uncovered the Pop today, expecting to find it rusted solid after all the rain at the weekend. Amazingly, it's rust free, presumably still protected by the WD40 I rubbed into the metal the other day.
Swapped the dud light switch for another cheap Lucas one & I have full lights again. Unfortunately the idiot that designed the car overlapped the panels under the dash, starting at the opposite end, so I had to dismantle it all to get to the switch, then put it all back together again.
Also cut & folded repair sections for the bottoms of the doors, to mount the plywood interior panels to.   

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6767 on: September 11, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »

I can't help wondering why fitting the windows isn't a priority, now that the weather's not only wet but getting cold as well.....?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #6768 on: September 11, 2013, 07:51:40 PM »

I can't help wondering why fitting the windows isn't a priority, now that the weather's not only wet but getting cold as well.....?

THE MONKEY,S NUTS  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy will be brass monkeys nuts soon  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6769 on: September 11, 2013, 08:48:53 PM »

Waiting for the welding to be done around the doors Bobbi. The inner & outer skins on the tops of the window frames need welding together, the back edges need repair sections & the bottom of the outer skins need rust repairs too. No point fitting glass in there till they're done cos I've got to have it specially made & the welding & grinding sparks will bugger it up. I cut repair pieces for the underside of the doors last night. Just need trimming to fit & welding in. Also need the bodywork around the doors fully welded cos it's all just tacked together, plus the drip rail welded to the door opening, (there's one on the passenger side but not the driver's side).
Now the weather's cooling, it's nowhere near as hot inside the cab as it was, just pleasantly warm. I drive my daily car with the windows open most of the time anyway.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6770 on: September 11, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »

You could always wear a wetsuit I guess!   Wink

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
scannerzer

« Reply #6771 on: September 11, 2013, 09:50:19 PM »

even perspex/lexan/plexyglass as a temporary fix
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6772 on: September 11, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »

I'm a ruffty tuffty hotrodder. I don't need no stinkin' windows!  Tongue
When Archie & I got to the café after the downpour on the way home from the hillclimb on Sunday, the bank notes in my pocket were soaking wet.

dobber

« Reply #6773 on: September 11, 2013, 10:09:39 PM »

you still got bank notes, hotrodders are usually down to loose change...

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6774 on: September 11, 2013, 10:15:37 PM »

Grin

spanners

« Reply #6775 on: September 11, 2013, 10:35:54 PM »

yeah,,,, but he,s a southern hotrodder  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
poprodder

« Reply #6776 on: September 12, 2013, 06:20:28 AM »

yeah,,,, but he,s a southern hotrodder  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

lol!!!!!!

Tony oily bike

« Reply #6777 on: September 12, 2013, 06:49:56 AM »

Sounded like a wetrodder to me !!  Cheesy

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #6778 on: September 15, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »

http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54977&p=597908#p597908
Aussie rodder impressed with your work

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6779 on: September 15, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »

Looks like you have to be registered to view that forum Ben. What did they say?

Took the Pop up to the Hotrod Drags in Stratford on Avon, Warwickshire yesterday. 80 or 90 miles, the first half of it dual carriageway, through Newbury in Berkshire & up past Oxford & the rest twisty A roads, past Blenheim Palace & through half a dozen pretty little Warwickshire villages. Loony, Chris, Chris's lady & his brother were following in his pick-up.
A good run, though I had a couple of wibbly wobbly moments on the A34 as I pulled out to overtake lorries & got pulled about by their slipstream. Light rain after a long dry spell made the tarmac greasy -not good on skinny crossplies. Also got hit by a strip of aluminium trim that fell off a VW van in front of me. Fortunately it clattered under the truck & didn't seem to do any damage.
I'd fully intended to run the Pop down the drag strip, just to see what it'd do, & had dug out my crash helmet & driving licence, but the rain put me off. Plus Chris's "early start" turned out to be half past ten, so it was lunchtime by the time we arrived & I didn't want to spend the whole afternoon standing around waiting to race.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:27:46 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: