May 06, 2024, 07:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555956 times)
dobber

« Reply #6570 on: July 23, 2013, 11:28:11 PM »

this thread has got a spiffing feel good thing now your on the road,  a great encouraging thing for fellow builders

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6571 on: July 24, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »

^^^^^  Wot e sed!

Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6572 on: July 24, 2013, 09:45:55 PM »

Thank you.
After 5 years of building it, with loads of false starts, changes of design etc, it's just good to be finally out there, clocking up some miles. Lots of you here have chipped in with hands-on help, advice, donated parts, or even just encouragement when things weren't going well. So I think of it as a forum vehicle. It's got a little bit of everyone in it & kinda represents what we're all about here.
If we can build something from scratch, get it through the registration process & drive it completely legally & safely on the Queen's highways, then anyone can!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:54:44 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #6573 on: July 24, 2013, 09:51:54 PM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Embarrassed Kiss

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6574 on: July 24, 2013, 09:53:37 PM »

Muppet!  Cheesy
I was chatting to my van buddy today, who shares my Post Office van with me. He works as a carpenter in the afternoons & said he could cut me some plywood interior door panels if I made him a cardboard template. I was working on my motorcycle this afternoon, but made a start on the driver's door card. I'll finish it tomorrow.
Amazing how much tidier it makes the cab look, even just in cardboard. I've already got a roll of black "tuck n roll" material, the same as we used on the seats. Loony's Mum's going to cover the panels with it for me. I could mess about with hidden mountings & plastic clips, but it's a truck & supposed to be slightly industrial/agricultural, as well as vintage looking, so I'm just going to use a 6mm button headed allen bolt in each corner to attach the panels to the doors.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6575 on: July 24, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »

poprodder

« Reply #6576 on: July 24, 2013, 09:54:32 PM »

Grin

spanners

« Reply #6577 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:08 PM »

door trims ,EMILY, style  Wink Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Baychimp

« Reply #6578 on: July 24, 2013, 11:13:57 PM »

Muppet!  Cheesy
I was chatting to my van buddy today, who shares my Post Office van with me. He works as a carpenter in the afternoons & said he could cut me some plywood interior door panels if I made him a cardboard template. I was working on my motorcycle this afternoon, but made a start on the driver's door card. I'll finish it tomorrow.
Amazing how much tidier it makes the cab look, even just in cardboard. I've already got a roll of black "tuck n roll" material, the same as we used on the seats. Loony's Mum's going to cover the panels with it for me. I could mess about with hidden mountings & plastic clips, but it's a truck & supposed to be slightly industrial/agricultural, as well as vintage looking, so I'm just going to use a 6mm button headed allen bolt in each corner to attach the panels to the doors.
I like the cardboard look, very Blue peter, keep it.
scannerzer

« Reply #6579 on: July 24, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »

Thank you.
After 5 years of building it, with loads of false starts, changes of design etc, it's just good to be finally out there, clocking up some miles. Lots of you here have chipped in with hands-on help, advice, donated parts, or even just encouragement when things weren't going well. So I think of it as a forum vehicle. It's got a little bit of everyone in it & kinda represents what we're all about here.
If we can build something from scratch, get it through the registration process & drive it completely legally & safely on the Queen's highways, then anyone can!

it's the MMM demonstrator Smiley
Olds

« Reply #6580 on: July 25, 2013, 06:52:30 AM »

An inspiration to all budding builders out there.  Smiley

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6581 on: July 25, 2013, 08:03:55 PM »

Inspiration or warning -I'm not sure which!  Tongue

Baychimp

« Reply #6582 on: July 25, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »

Who cares as long as "you" like it.
spanners

« Reply #6583 on: July 25, 2013, 10:45:04 PM »

its an incureable diesese

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6584 on: July 28, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »

Couldn't find a local hotrod show to go to today, (other than the Hotrod Hayride in Surrey, which was 50 quid a ticket & pre-book only), so I took the Pop to the Netley Marsh steam fair in the New Forest instead. Maybe 30 miles each way, down the M3 & the M27. No problems at all.
Lots of smiles from other motorists -passed a mini bus full of scouts & looked across to see a whole line of camera phones pressed to the windows as I went by. The thumbs up from the Rolls Royce Corniche driver as I steamed past him in the fast lane made me grin too.
Warm & sunny all day but very blustery -the truck got pushed sideways by the wind a few times. Not sure if that's greasy roads due to last night's rain after the long dry spell, or just my skinny crossplies. They're only rated to 93mph & I'm guessing I was doing 80 - 90 on a few stretches.
Bought myself a pressie from the vintage tractor spares guy at the show. Same stall I bought the truck's headlights & exhaust silencers from at different shows. A reproduction 1930s/40s Fordson tractor steering wheel. Exactly the same diameter & dish as the current Morris Minor one, but a thicker rim & all metal instead of plastic. I just liked it. Show price, 60 quid.
Eventually it'll probably be powder-coated black, but Mr Loon says he can clear lacquer it for me for now. One of the reasons I liked it was cos it's not easily identifiable. Now I just need to find someone to machine me a new mounting boss, hopefully incorporating the Monkeyhead centre cap from the Moggy wheel -yes, I'm looking at you Mr Newbie!  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: