May 06, 2024, 03:25:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555836 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5760 on: March 11, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »

A custom built aluminium one from Pop Browns, (not cheap).

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #5761 on: March 11, 2013, 10:04:20 PM »

i,m starting to worry about ,EMILY,S rad ,, dont know if its upto the job ,but its supposed to be , its also a custom made alloy one for a v8 pop, around £400 worth ,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5762 on: March 11, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »

Sounds like the same one.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5763 on: March 11, 2013, 10:16:37 PM »

I have a special crimping tool to do the ends.

Mr Phunkie. I've called at your workshop 3 times in the last week to borrow your HT lead crimping pliers. You no there. Where you at?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5764 on: March 14, 2013, 09:37:19 PM »

Had a day off today for a belated Mother's Day trip, but still working on the Pop.
It hasn't made it out of the workshop door yet since I put the plates on, but it's getting there.
Nothing worth photographing yet, but I've cut the driver's door handle area back out & moved it back half an inch cos the handle was at an odd angle. Also made a start on bending the driver's side gutter rail to shape & fitted the passenger interior handle. Subject to Mr Loon having the time to weld stuff, I'd like to spend the next couple of days on the bodywork, then all of next week getting it running & driving as well as we can, ready for it's debut trip to the Valley Gas chilli night next Saturday evening. No side glass yet, so I've just bought the biggest, warmest jacket I could find from Ebay! Gonna be a chilly chilli trip.

Clive

« Reply #5765 on: March 14, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »

Cling film!!!!  Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
spanners

« Reply #5766 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »

B&Q cheap perspex  Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Olds

« Reply #5767 on: March 15, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »

B&Q cheap perspex  Wink
A good idea. Easy to cut, cheap and you end up with templates to get the real glass cut.  Cheesy
Not sure that fitting side windows will stop all the draughts or rain getting in though  Wink

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5768 on: March 15, 2013, 08:46:12 PM »

No, plenty of gaps to fill yet!
No window channels etc fitted yet.
Torrential rain all day, & forcast for most of the weekend. It was freezing cold too.
I arrived at the 'shop after work this afternoon to find Clive, our resident airbrushist, already busy masking up the doors of the Pop. I wanted to replace the full colour MMMotors logo stickers I'd previously used with black outline versions, just for the Summer. Clive very kindly volunteered to travel over from Andover though & stencil them on with aerosol paint. Quite mesmerising to watch him at work. He came prepared with pre-cut stencils so soon had the design taped in place & masked off. A quick blow over with the paint can & they were done. He makes it look so easy!
Yet another name to add to my Thank You list -thanks Clive.  Wink
Also nice to see Mr Tony Oily Bike, who called in from Guildford to see Clive about some paint on his bike.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:10:41 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5769 on: March 15, 2013, 08:47:15 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5770 on: March 15, 2013, 08:49:27 PM »

When we eventually paint the truck pale green, Clive will repaint these in black & cream, probably a little bigger. Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5771 on: March 15, 2013, 09:00:59 PM »

Before we went home we fired it up & let it run for a while. I freely admit I'm not a mechanic. I know what goes on inside an engine, but fault diagnosis has never been my strong point. It takes a long time to properly warm up & runs quite lumpily until it is. Must've been a full 10 minutes until the thermostat opened & the radiator warmed up, followed a few minutes later by the fan cutting in, but the engine wasn't getting excessively hot.
The plugs were pretty fouled up but it's been sat for a long time & only run for a minute or 2 at a time until now. We cleaned them up & it eventually ran smoother. Still not picking up cleanly if we blip the throttle, but runs reasonably well if we accelerate gradually. I've got new plugs to go in & new HT leads on order. Just need the damn rain to stop now so we can get it outside.

poprodder

« Reply #5772 on: March 15, 2013, 09:37:54 PM »

great work on them door stencils, you'll soon be driving andy.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5773 on: March 15, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »

There's some very talented people here on the forum. Clive brought along some of his airbrushed Zippo lighters,
(see them in his thread here)
http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8212.0
They look great in photographs but even more amazing in real life. Even the carrying case he brought them in was a work of art.

Olds

« Reply #5774 on: March 16, 2013, 07:13:43 AM »

Oh poo. Wish I'd known, cos I would have hung around for a while. Would have loved to see the Zippos.
Nicely done on the doors Clive.
Unless the Rover V8 is under load, they seem to take forever to warm up and Loonys workshop isn't exactly the warmest of places.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: