May 06, 2024, 02:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555770 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5745 on: March 03, 2013, 10:12:59 PM »

Looks like Mr Clive could be aerosol spraying the website logos on the doors for us. Just a quickie job on the bare metal for the Summer, then I'll go back for something more permanent when we strip it down for final paint over the Winter.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5746 on: March 04, 2013, 10:42:25 PM »

Well I've treated myself to a weekend away from Loony's workshop, just to have a break from the Pop. By this morning, (Monday), though, I was bored. So back to it after work this afternoon. Loony's pulling some very late nights this week to get a customer's VW built & painted by the weekend. Nick's been helping him, so I've kept out of the way & bimbled on with mine.
Fitted the number plates, which sorta passed unnoticed in the 'shop as the chaps were up to their eyes in filler dust on the Dub, but was a huge milestone for me. Looks odd with numbers on it -not cos the new perspex plates don't look right or anything, but just cos it's suddenly a real car.
The V Dub guy rang Pop Browns this afternoon to order some lights. What account shall I put them on? Andy Field's. The Andy Field? Oh what it is to be famous ...or maybe I've just ordered a lot of parts from him. Could've been worse. Could've been Oh, that Andy Field.  Tongue

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5747 on: March 04, 2013, 10:46:06 PM »

Can't believe it took me 2 hours to fit the passenger seat. When it comes apart over the Winter I'll be drilling mounting bolt holes in more accessible places. What idiot designed this thing.

spanners

« Reply #5748 on: March 04, 2013, 11:17:48 PM »

Can't believe it took me 2 hours to fit the SUICIDE SEAT  Wink. When it comes apart over the Winter I'll be drilling mounting bolt holes in more accessible places. What idiot designed this thing.

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
panthershaun

« Reply #5749 on: March 05, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »

Can't believe it took me 2 hours to fit the passenger seat. When it comes apart over the Winter I'll be drilling mounting bolt holes in more accessible places. What idiot designed this thing.

Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Kiss

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Olds

« Reply #5750 on: March 05, 2013, 11:02:47 AM »

What idiot designed this thing.
Roll Eyes I'm saying nothing  Lips Sealed Grin

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5751 on: March 05, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »

What idiot designed this thing.

Did design actually come into it?  ....'we'll do this........   don't like it so we'll do that.........      that doesn't work, we'll do - something else! '   Wink

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Tony oily bike

« Reply #5752 on: March 05, 2013, 01:05:09 PM »

To be read as if Les Dawson dressed as the old woman was reading it.

" ooooh,  that Andy field, he's got himself a real car now, wiv registration plates an' everyfing!"   Grin

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5753 on: March 05, 2013, 04:16:41 PM »

Grin
Typical committee design Bobbi -you lot have come up with half the ideas on it, so I'm blaming you.

poprodder

« Reply #5754 on: March 05, 2013, 05:33:16 PM »

you been practice driving that auto round the yard?

looks good.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5755 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »

It's kinda trapped in the workshop for the next few days. Chris has his Moggy Minor jacked up outside the door at the moment, to replace the sills. There's a dividing wall down the middle of the shop, between the paint & fabrication areas. So it'd take a couple of people to jack up the front end & shuffle it round to clear the wall & the Moggy. Once outside it'd have to stay out as it's too much hassle to get it back in.
Loony & Nick are working feverishly to finish a VW that has to be at a show on Saturday morning, so are using the paint side of the 'shop plus the other side of the doorway. Can't really jack it up or run the motor in the 'shop, especially when Loony's painting.
Not much I can do to help on the V Dub & I'm in the way working on the Pop. So to be honest, it's just easier this week for me to keep out of the way.
Got a few errands to do, collecting a few odds & ends for it, so that'll keep me busy till the VW goes. After 5 years of working on this & all the hassle of meeting the registration deadlines, it's nice to take a couple of days off. It's the NSRA swapmeet on Sunday, so Loony, Chris & I will be there, all shopping for parts for our cars, so should come back fired up to get it out & use it.

Rang Adrian Flux insurance this morning. I arranged the insurance over the phone but had to return a couple of forms to them, including a built up vehicle report, listing all the changes from standard spec. I pointed out it's a brand new vehicle & I'm the manufacturer, so there isn't an original spec. It's all "standard" fitting.
Oh, hang on, I'll check with my supervisor
...O.k. Just screw that form up & throw it away then.
Sorted.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:45:43 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

merv

« Reply #5756 on: March 06, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »

Good for you, your hard work is now paying off

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
The North

« Reply #5757 on: March 10, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »

Well its close now and looks the part right enough, it is hard to imagine that innocent looking  ford popular was the start of this creation. And when you look at it its your creation entirely ok you had friends who contributed but it is not like you took a car that had been done or even chopped  and changed it to your liking, it was all your own this, and for what this is worth i think it looks awesome. Fair play to you brother.  Cool

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/mmr2_zps4f1ef11d.jpg
Manky's Pop.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/mmr_zps6199f295.jpg
Manky's Pop.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5758 on: March 10, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »

Coo, it's changed a bit hasn't it! It wasn't quite as solid as the shiny black paint would have you believe! Sometimes I've wondered if I should've stuck to the original plan & just bunged an engine in & driven it exactly as it was, with no interior, glass etc. Always loved pick-ups though. I had a Morris Minor pick-up many years ago & always wished I'd kept it.
I was chatting to a fellow Pop owner at a swapmeet this morning, (recognised by the chrome grille trim tucked under his arm). He said he was on his 4th Pop. Keeps building them, selling them, then realising he should've kept them. I'm definitely keeping this one!
I picked up a roll of "tuck n roll" upholstery material at the meet. Hopefully enough to finish the cab.
Now Loony's got the Volksrod out of the door, I want to get the Pop out into the open this coming week & finish all the half done jobs, check everything over & generally get it ready for the road.

spanners

« Reply #5759 on: March 11, 2013, 09:24:13 PM »

andy,,, what radiator did you use for the pop ?

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: