May 05, 2024, 11:52:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555668 times)
Cabman77

« Reply #4995 on: June 19, 2012, 06:04:40 AM »

You can`t beat a good bit a black I say  Wink Wink Wink Wink
i havn,t had a bit of ,black,, for quite some time  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

.........and what a night that was in Baron Samedie`s bordello on Old Bourbon Street............................................. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
trev

« Reply #4996 on: June 19, 2012, 06:58:20 PM »

You can`t beat a good bit a black I say  Wink Wink Wink Wink
i havn,t had a bit of ,black,, for quite some time  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

.........and what a night that was in Baron Samedie`s bordello on Old Bourbon Street............................................. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

is that in amsterdam,i think i,ve been there with a dark skinned lady. Wink

yes but can blue men sing the whites?
spanners

« Reply #4997 on: June 19, 2012, 07:02:32 PM »

i thought it was in stoke,,, ya know that place a bit south of ,mow cop,, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4998 on: June 20, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »

Thanks for that insightful input gentlemen.  Tongue
No Loony at the workshop today, so no progress to report, (he's actually visiting fellow forumer, ByzMax, to discusss a paintjob).
I know you're checking the thread though Uncle Kev, so just to let you know-
the passenger floor panel's marked out, ready to cut tomorrow, (made it slightly oversize so I can trim it to suit).
I've skimmed the glove box panel with a little body filler as suggested, to fill the indent left when I changed the shape of the box lid. Ready to sand back tomorrow.
The main gearbox tunnel section is finally welded -made up of about a dozen shaped pieces of steel sheet. Tomorrow I'll knock the high spots off the welds with a flap wheel & skim it with filler -as mentioned here, although we plan to wrap these panels in black vinyl, any imperfections will show through, so a light coat of filler will smooth it all out.
Once the floor's bolted in I can move round to the driver's side.

Mr Snafu has kindly volunteered to procure a kingpin set at a discount price, to sort out the wobbly front wheels, but it won't be here for a couple of weeks. Then I need to pull the front axle out & take it to Mr CunningPlan to ream the kingpin bushes to fit. So I've got a couple of weeks to get the interior sorted, make a plywood template for the front windscreen & start on the doors.
As posted in the Events section, there's a new 60s style weekend rod/bike show in Bedfordshire in September, called the Tripout. The Hotrod Drags are also in September at Stratford on Avon. So I've decided to aim for those as the Pop's maiden voyage, (s). That gives me about 2 months to get it MOT'd, insured, registered & taxed. Money's likely to be the main stumbling block -or rather, the lack of it, but I'm determined to get out & drive the damn thing before the Winter gets here! 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:05:51 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Archie

« Reply #4999 on: June 20, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »

No go tomorrow. Loonies being tattooed again
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5000 on: June 20, 2012, 09:14:40 PM »

Poo.  Sad
Haven't heard from him, so cheers for the heads up Archie. Guess I won't be workshoppin' tomorrow then.

cunningplan

« Reply #5001 on: June 21, 2012, 07:08:14 AM »

whats he having, your volksrod on the other arm Huh
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5002 on: June 21, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »

Cheesy Don't know if it was a new drawing or if they were just colouring him in a bit more.
Arranged to collect the workshop keys from Loony's parent's house after work today, so I was able to potter on by myself.
As usual though, I didn't get half as much done as I'd hoped.
I rubbed down the glovebox panel. Not going to spend too much time on it, so I just used some coarse paper to smooth it out. Took far longer than I expected. I've also slapped a heavy coat of filler on the gearbox tunnel ready to sand down tomorrow. The plan is to wrap these panels in a 2mm layer of foam then cover them in black vinyl. We'll be taking it off the road over the Winter for proper paint & trim, so I'll leave the vinyl till it goes back together. So I'll blow all the interior panels over in satin black for now.
No pics today -forgot the memory card for my camera.  Tongue
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:38:00 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Archie

« Reply #5003 on: June 22, 2012, 06:31:59 AM »

whats he having, your volksrod on the other arm Huh

On his ar5e cheecks
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #5004 on: June 22, 2012, 06:32:38 AM »

forgot the memory card for my camera.  Tongue
forgett memory completely now?

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5005 on: June 22, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »

Cheesy Seriously, my memory's got noticably worse in the last couple of years. Used to be really sharp. Now I have to constantly write myself notes to remind me about all sorts of stuff.
Spent the afternoon rubbing down filler, so again, not much to photograph, but getting there.

madron

« Reply #5006 on: June 23, 2012, 07:55:14 AM »

Cheesy Seriously, my memory's got noticably worse in the last couple of years. Used to be really sharp. Now I have to constantly write myself notes to remind me about all sorts of stuff.
Spent the afternoon rubbing down filler, so again, not much to photograph, but getting there.
been doin that for a few years now i cant find the notes i wrote
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5007 on: June 23, 2012, 06:25:42 PM »

Grin Old age is galloping up fast Ron.
Block sanded the interior panels after work this afternoon. That showed up the low spots, so a dab more filler, then I'll spray them black. I'm going to stonechip the underside of each panel too, (a thick, stone resistant black spray paint). The truck's only likely to be on the road for a couple of months this year before we take it off the road for the Winter final rebuild, so I won't bother with carpets or too much interior trim for now, but these panels will be rusted solid by then If I don't protect them with something.

one arm bandit

« Reply #5008 on: June 23, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »

well for someone thats not a sheet metel worker looks like youve done a darn good job on an intricate bit of tunnel work fair play mm Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5009 on: June 25, 2012, 07:46:21 PM »

Thank you Mr B.  Smiley
I do enjoy being creative with metal, whether it's sheet or tube. I keep saying that once the various projects are finished I'd like to have a go at garden sculpture. I can MIG weld, & my 150 MIG's at Loony's workshop, but I closed the gas bottle account cos I haven't used it since I started renting workshop space from Loony a couple of years ago. He welds thin sheet metal all the time, whereas I'm used to heavy gauge tube for trike frames. So I make up the panels & build up a list of parts to be welded, then he works his way through them when he gets half an hour spare.
No Poppin' again today cos I had some errands to do after work, but I picked up the stone chip paint & some satin black to spray the panels tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: