May 06, 2024, 08:00:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555977 times)
spanners

« Reply #3990 on: October 25, 2011, 10:11:44 PM »

postal monkey,s didnt do bad  Wink Wink Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
terry t

« Reply #3991 on: October 26, 2011, 07:37:46 AM »

Yes, I know.  Angry
At least I had a nice pressie waiting for me when I got home -a shiney distributor, courtesy of Mr Spanners. Very much appreciated Mike. Thank you. Just need to buy a rotor arm for it. Any idea what model it came from Mike?
Mike. do you know how many wires coming from that distributor and has it got a condenser fitted
spanners

« Reply #3992 on: October 26, 2011, 09:25:29 AM »

points and condensor fitted ,, single wire ==simple and reliable,, Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
terry t

« Reply #3993 on: October 26, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »

thats how we like it  Grin simple (not you Mike)
spanners

« Reply #3994 on: October 26, 2011, 09:33:37 AM »

thats how we like it  Grin simple (not you Mike)

simple == almost  monkey proof..... note i say allmost  Wink Wink Cheesy

poprodder

« Reply #3995 on: October 26, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »

nothings monkey proof!!!!! Tongue Grin

panthershaun

« Reply #3996 on: October 26, 2011, 06:14:59 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3997 on: October 26, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »

Windscreens certainly aren't.
No workshopping today.
I collected the next, new, windscreen from the glass cutter this afternoon & promised I'd be very, very careful with this one. He's cut it 2mm smaller than the last one -so it'll probably fall straight through the opening now.
Having been given a new distributor by Mr Spanners, I called at the Basingstoke branch of EAS, also known as Camberley Auto Factors, (so what does EAS stand for?), for a new rotor arm. After much peering at computer screens & cross referencing in parts books, they decided they've been discontinued.
Bugger.
We can get one in for you from one of our other branches, but the nearest one's in Guildford.
Perfect! I'll pick it up on my way home.
Cost a tenner & now I'm told there might be more than one type. We'll find out tomorrow if it's the right one. 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tbone

« Reply #3998 on: October 27, 2011, 06:39:44 AM »

Lucas DRB195 ?

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3999 on: October 27, 2011, 08:17:51 AM »

It's not a Lucas one, but they did look it up in the Lucas parts book, so I don't know Tim. Today's my day off, so I'm heading to the workshop to meet Mr Kapri. Seeya later.

kapri

« Reply #4000 on: October 27, 2011, 06:15:12 PM »

Another mixed day but all going in the right direction. Had a call from Terry T to confirm he tracked down what we both thought, that the fuel pump needed lowering to the bottom of the fuel tank as it wasn't pumping enough.

I set the timing up again from scratch , built a decent working dizzy and got it to fire and run fine. Then it misfired and that was traced to the choke flaps and recitified .

All running ? Yup, great!.. time to set up emmissions ,meter set, engine turned over...no spark.

The spring cassette was sticky so Andy went off to get a replacement set...''Not available'' , '' out of production'' , ''not listed''. About an hour later he returned empty handed , we messed with the points again, it started ..it stopped .

Rang my local factor who knew the number from the top of his head and had a set in stock. I picked them up on my way home and Saturday will see them fitted and hopefully , all mixture sorted and db looked at.
terry t

« Reply #4001 on: October 27, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »

that sounds promising Kev. when it was ticking over did it sound ok. and did you check the charging side
      Huh Kev whats a cassette. is it were the balance advance and retard weights go
kapri

« Reply #4002 on: October 27, 2011, 08:25:21 PM »

Sounded fine Terry , ticked over nicely and revved cleanly .Nope didn't get chance to check it charging but pretty sure it was knackered. On Saturday I'll be able to check with it ticking over regularly.

Cartridge is when the points come as a complete unit , rivetted together rather than as 2 piece with the spring being able to come off seperately.
terry t

« Reply #4003 on: October 27, 2011, 08:28:51 PM »

Sounded fine Terry , ticked over nicely and revved cleanly .Nope didn't get chance to check it charging but pretty sure it was knackered. On Saturday I'll be able to check with it ticking over regularly.

Cartridge is when the points come as a complete unit , rivetted together rather than as 2 piece with the spring being able to come off seperately.
ok thanks. so it could be like you said about running it  without the alternator connected has buggered it
did you lower the fuel pump
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4004 on: October 27, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »

I made the tea.  Tongue
Sounded great when it was running Terry -suprisingly civilised.
The new rotor arm proved to be correct, but the points were partly seized, meaning they kept sticking open. Had a lovely big fat spark at the coil lead though. Kev's mate Bill noticed the alternator belt appears to be running out of true. I knackered the bearings in a Reliant alternator by doing that. The Rover unit's mounted on a bracket supplied by Pop Browns, which moves it from the right side of the engine to the left.
Later this afternoon, I knocked up a new fuel pump bracket, which Loony will weld to the chassis tomorrow. Then I'll need to sort out new fuel pipes.
Thanks again Kev, & your sidekick Bill. The dynamic duo to the rescue once more.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:37:33 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: